New payment options for subscription?

Hi,

Wouldn't it be great if Nerowin could add more payment methods for subscribers who can't use the current payment options? PayPal payment isn't supported in all countries (ie. Egypt), and the other credit card processor option supports only US and UK If i remember well, and payment by post or bank transfer is just too much hassle for $10!

Although I'm a subscriber already, I had to subscribe through a friend living in NL who has a PayPal account, and God know how I'll renew it when it expires! :huh:

Please take a look on MoneyBookers. It's a service very similar to PayPal except it supports almost all countries with very low transaction fees, it'll be great if that option can be added to Neowin.

Thank you!

Hi,

I have the same problem. I tried to subscribe but I couldn't use the current payment methods. Money Bookers is great, I used it in other transactions before and it's great and safe. I wish if Neowin management can do this.

I thought anyone with a credit card can sign up to Paypal?

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Both PayPal account payments, and payments done through PayPal by credit card without having an account, are only available in certain countries.

You need a Visa/MasterCard/... not a normal credit card.

That's not our problem, our credit cards are accepted every where else.

PayPal just accept credit cards from few countries not including Egypt, while NOCHEX accepts UK issued credit cards only!

post-154036-1192463925_thumb.jpg

The biggest problem seems to be that Egypt isn't listed (judging by the posts in this thread).

People who live in most countries should be able to pay by Visa/Mastercard (or whatever else PayPal accepts) but not Egypt.

Unfortunately, it would likely cost more money to set something up for Egypt then we would ever gain in revenue. Although the process is slow and far from perfect, the best solution seems to be mailing in a cheque. :(

Unfortunately, it would likely cost more money to set something up for Egypt then we would ever gain in revenue.

We suggested "MoneyBookers" as an example, it won't cost more. Creating an account there and start to accept payments is FREE, just it takes small fees (EUR 0.50/transaction charged by the sender) while receiving money is FREE, just like any other payment gateway.

We suggested "MoneyBookers" as an example, it won't cost more. Creating an account there and start to accept payments is FREE, just it takes small fees (EUR 0.50/transaction charged by the sender) while receiving money is FREE, just like any other payment gateway.

There is the cost of additional staff time to arrange and maintain such a relationship.

Google Checkout

Google Checkout is available to buyers with billing addresses in...

Algeria -Andorra -Angola -Antigua and -Barbuda -Armenia -Australia -Austria -Azerbaijan -Bahamas -Canada -Germany -Greece -Greenland -Guatemala -Haiti -Honduras -Hong Kong -Hungary -Iceland -India -Indonesia -Ireland -Israel -Italy -Jamaica -Japan -Jordan -Kazakhstan -Kenya -Kuwait -Laos -Latvia -Lebanon -Liechtenstein -Lithuania -Luxembourg -Macedonia -Malaysia -Maldives -Mali -Malta -Mauritius -Mexico -Moldova -Monaco -Morocco -Mozambique -Namibia -Nepal -Netherlands -Antilles -Netherlands -New Zealand -Nicaragua -Nigeria -Norway -Oman -Pakistan -Panama -Paraguay -Peru -Philippines -Poland -Portugal -Puerto Rico -Qatar -Romania -Russia --Rwanda -San -Marino -Saudi Arabia -Senegal -Serbia and Montenegro -Seychelles -Singapore -Slovakia -Slovenia -South Africa -Spain -Sri Lanka -Sweden -Switzerland -Taiwan -Tajikistan -Tanzania -Thailand -Togo -Trinidad and Tobago -Tunisia -Turkey -Turkmenistan -Uganda -Ukraine -United Arab Emirates -United Kingdom -United States -Uruguay -Uzbekistan -Vatican City -Venezuela -Vietnam -Virgin Islands, British -Yemen -Zambia -Zimbabwe

Edited by Allan

It was just an idea which allows a lot of members to subscribe. I think gaining EUR 10.00 from each member covers any other cost of additional staff you need.

BTW, Google Checkout don't support Egypt too.

Only the Admins touch the money stuff so it isn't my time that would be involved. If one of the Admins has to take an afternoon off of work to set up a new system then it won't be worth it. Subscriptions are an additional service that we offer the members to keep them involved with the site but it is not a significant source of revenue for us. In fact, there have been times when it has cost more to have subscribers than if we didn't have them.

Strange! :ermm: Members care to pay for subscriptions while the administration don't care because they don't have enough time or they don't want to make little more efforts.

Only the Admins touch the money stuff so it isn't my time that would be involved. If one of the Admins has to take an afternoon off of work to set up a new system then it won't be worth it. Subscriptions are an additional service that we offer the members to keep them involved with the site but it is not a significant source of revenue for us. In fact, there have been times when it has cost more to have subscribers than if we didn't have them.

Im sorry, but that makes no sence to me at all. Where is the logic in that?

Edited by snyper

Strange! :ermm: Members care to pay for subscriptions while the administration don't care because they don't have enough time or they don't want to make little more efforts.

I dont think thats particularly a fair comment. Subscriptions are members way of supporting the site. Neowin is a huge community and all the staff work here many hours for free. There is a huge effort in running a site this size that requires alot of time, and we the members get to avail of it for FREE

There are many thingds that need to be done to maintain the day to day running of the site, and its just a matter of priority.

I don?t think that?s particularly a fair comment. Subscriptions are member?s way of supporting the site. Neowin is a huge community and all the staff work here many hours for free. There is a huge effort in running a site this size that requires a lot of time. There are many things that need to be done to maintain the day to day running of the site, and it?s just a matter of priority.

snyper sniped the truth!

There is a huge effort in running a site this size that requires alot of time, and we the members get to avail of it for FREE

I didn't say they don't do efforts, they do a great job in the website as you said above. I just mean they don't want to make EXTRA effort for managing this subscription system for the members who cares and want to pay for the community!

I didn't say they don't do efforts, they do a great job in the website as you said above. I just mean they don't want to make EXTRA effort for managing this subscription system for the members who cares and want to pay for the community!

The staff have jobs aswell as Running neowin.

It takes time to do all the things that need to be done here. The simple fact is that they dont have the time to do everything. As i said they have priorities. Subscriptions are not one of them and to be blunt, the revenue that they would receive from perhaps a dozen active Egyptian members would not warrent the time in setting up the new system and running it.

Neowin just lost a subscriber! :D -- No problem, I will try to find an alternative. Just consider adding another payment gateway next time you (Administrators) have enough time for that.