NVIDIA ForceWare 163.75 Beta

NVIDIA has new beta drivers up for download!

Release highlights:

* Beta driver for GeForce FX (XP Only), 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.

* Added product support for the following NVIDIA Motherboard GPUs:

o GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

o GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

o GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i

o GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

o GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i

* Improved compatibility for Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

* Added NVIDIA SLI profiles for Portal, Clive Barker's Jericho, SEGA Rally Revo, NHL 08, and European Street Racing.

* Several game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

* If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe to the newsletter.

Download for Windows Vista 32-bit | 64-bit | Release notes

Download for Windows XP 32-bit | 64-bit | Release notes

Tantawi, can I ask you for something? You and other people posting links to Nvidia drivers.

Can you please take this additional minute and also add links to the international versions? It's just a matter of changing "english" to "international" in link locations. Just like this:

-------------------------------------------

Download for Windows Vista:

English: 32-bit | 64-bit

International: 32-bit | 64-bit

Release notes

Download for Windows XP:

English: 32-bit | 64-bit

International: 32-bit | 64-bit

Release notes

-------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance!

my 3dmark06 scores droped by 90 some points after using these drivers, and yes, i ran the test in bach mode 3 times each to average out any fluctuations. Gonna still stick with the 163.71's

90 points! Good heavens, perhaps someone should sue them for this attrocity! It is quite ungentlemanly.

(non-sarcastic pro-tip: 3DMark is a synthetic benchmark. It would take approximately 300 points before you noticed any difference in frame rate in a game)

I'm aware of that, I was just commenting that it did lower the framerates...and since i ran the test multiple times and had it averaged, its not like it was just a fluke lower number on one test. they still worked regardless, so im not saying they're bad, just that my results went down. :)

I am...greatly opposed to using 3DMark as an indication of game performance.

The most practical example I can cite is to re-run 3DMark multiple times and record your result. It will differ to +/- 100 points approximately.

jeez did you read my reply? i had it run each test 3 times with both drivers, and it averaged the results of the 3 tests together...so between 6 tests, 3 with the 163.71 drivers and 3 with the 163.75 drivers, there was a 100 pt difference....not just one run each....I'm sure I'd see the exact same results if i had run it 50 times for each test and then averaged the results. Either way as the guy before said, its not gonna make like a 5 fps difference, but still higher is always better AFTER averaging the results from multiple runs. If you ran a test 5, 10, whatever times, and averaged the results, and then ran it 10 times with new drivers and averaged the results and they were lower, that is still saying that they deliver worse performance, even if it equates to only 1/10th a frame per second in actual games.

chill pill.

Though as I said earlier, it would take a difference of almost 300 points to notice even a 1fps difference. So that's a 0.0033 frame rate difference, which is inconsequential.