Vista Ultimate Language Packs released

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsv...s-are-live.aspx

Barry Goffe, Director of Windows Ultimate, today disclosed on windowsultimate.com that the remaining 19 language packs have been made available via Windows Update.

The additional supported languages are:

* Arabic

* Bulgarian

* Croatian

* Czech

* Estonian

* Greek

* Hebrew

* Hungarian

* Latvian

* Lithuanian

* Polish

* Portuguese (Portugal)

* Romanian

* Serbian

* Slovak

* Slovenian

* Thai

* Turkish

* Ukrainian

why isn't latin supported?

haha, good one (Y)

Glassed Silver:mbl

Stupid, useless updates. So now I have to hide each one each time these comes up on Windows Update. Looks like Home Premum is a much better suitable OS for the home, seeing that I've heard Dreamscene can be hacked to work on Home Premium.

These language packs should be bundled with the OS and a specific pack set by default depending on the country it was bought for example if I buy Vista in Japan, I would see Japanese pack activated instead of the default English. But no, MS don't see that and wants you to pay more for basic accessibility. I thought MS love trying help everyone they can by providing accessibility.

blah, yet MORE updates vista thinks i should download and will continue to bug me about.

Atleast they are releasing updates i guess... thats a small plus

Urm, why dont you hide them? I do and never have an issue... :s

This like most useless thing you can pay for, whoever bough Ultimate version literally got screwed in the ***

Not necesserily - there's other features in Ultimate that you don't get in either Home Premium or Business (or in both). I always believed the Ultimate Extras to be a small added extra.

The way I see it with the Language packs, is that how often do you change the language of your PC? In my case, it's never. If i wanted Vista in another language, I'd have bought it in that language.

And they charge you $750 for a full copy of Ulitmate? Should be at least $200. that's all they are worth for considering Ubuntu as a potential competiter in the near future. All Ubuntu need is mainstream games be compatable with it and I will quickly churn to Ubuntu :yes:

And they charge you $750 for a full copy of Ulitmate? Should be at least $200. that's all they are worth for considering Ubuntu as a potential competiter in the near future. All Ubuntu need is mainstream games be compatable with it and I will quickly churn to Ubuntu :yes:

so you'll be on windows for a while longer then

Last time I checked $750 is "at least" $200. And a full retail license doesn't cost you as much as $750 (it's ~ $600 I believe?).

Last time I checked $750 is "at least" $200. And a full retail license doesn't cost you as much as $750 (it's ~ $600 I believe?).

Not to mention it's really more like $180.