ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3

The price list on the Eset.SK (Slovak Republic) site has been updated with prices for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.

The big announcement is due in San Diego tomorrow - 29th October.

It's going to be interesting if this comes true. I want to compare KAV V7 to NOD32 V7. (Y)

Added screenshot of RTM Version of Eset NOD32 V3 from ESET.SK

ENA_printscreen.jpg

Source: Eset.SK.

Edited by Frothy

This is what it says in the US site:

Buy NOD32 Anti Virus Software Online

Thank you for choosing ESET! We look forward to empowering you with the most proactive, most intelligent defense from all Internet threats.

To better serve you, we are currently performing maintenance on our site and will not be able to process any orders or activations for the next 12?18 hours.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We're trying to impact you and all our visitors as little as possible by doing this work on the weekend, but we know it's an inconvenience no matter when it occurs.

PLEASE COME BACK! Our maintenance will be finished soon, and we look forward to helping you.

So I just did a conversion from Slovakia Koruny to United States Dollars.

1,490.00 SKK = 64.5053 USD

That's darn expensive for 1 license of NOD32 V3. :/

Also at the bottom of the eset.sk site it says that availability is from 1st Nov 2007 or 1/11/2007.

Does anyone know if/how much this will update a renewal licenses for those who already have NOD32?

And is version 3 going to be separate or is it going to be like an update?

My 3 licenses are going to expire on Halloween...

It's going to be interesting if this comes true. I want to compare KAV V7 to NOD32 V7. (Y)

Then you're gonna have to wait a long time, since they're only bringing NOD32 v3 out soon. :p

ESET Australia has stated current owners of NOD32 will be able to upgrade for free to the new ESET Smart Security package. They did not state whether or not the upgrade to NOD32 v3 will be free, but I would presume so.

In addition, NOD32 v3 is the same as NOD32 v2.7.

On top of all that, Australians are offered a free license of ESS if they own a competitor's AV product license. http://www.istartedsomething.com/20071029/...ee-cross-grade/

ESET Australia has stated current owners of NOD32 will be able to upgrade for free to the new ESET Smart Security package. They did not state whether or not the upgrade to NOD32 v3 will be free, but I would presume so.

In addition, NOD32 v3 is the same as NOD32 v2.7.

On top of all that, Australians are offered a free license of ESS if they own a competitor's AV product license. http://www.istartedsomething.com/20071029/...ee-cross-grade/

I bolieve it when I see it, that seems like impossible, up grade free to Smart Security.

If its true, smart move. Upgrade free to smart security, and then when license expires, buy a smart security, at then end more profit, NOD wins. :p

I bolieve it when I see it, that seems like impossible, up grade free to Smart Security.

If its true, smart move. Upgrade free to smart security, and then when license expires, buy a smart security, at then end more profit, NOD wins. :p

They sent me a press release.

ESET LAUNCHES ESET SMART SECURITY

ESET sets New Standard for Malware Protection, Offers Free Cross-Grades

Sydney ? October 29, 2007 ? ESET, the acknowledged leader in proactive threat protection, today announced the imminent launchESET Smart Security, a suite that tightly integrates anti-spyware, anti-spam and firewall with a brand new version of NOD32 Antivirus. All modules share information to fully evaluate and classify every threat detected - a major advance over traditional solutions.

The growing volume of ?blended? threats and the rapid evolution of new malware types make tough demands on PC security software. These demands can only be met by intelligent solutions combining signature detection with effective behavioural analysis in real-time.

ESET?s ThreatSense? heuristics technology, the cornerstone of NOD32, has not missed a single in-the-wild-virus in Virus Bulletin testing since 1998, winning an unmatched 46 VB100 awards and more Advanced+ awards for proactive protection from AV-Comparatives.org than any other antivirus product in the world.

ESET Smart Security combines the industry?s highest accuracy, fastest scanning speed and smallest footprint[1] with exceptional ease of use. ?We want all users to experience the best protection available today,? says Rod Fewster, CEO of ESET Australia, ?so for a limited time, Australian NOD32 users can upgrade to ESET Smart security at no cost,[2] and we?ll also upgrade licensed users of other AV suites to ESET Smart Security at no cost for the remainder of their licence period.?[3]

?Users have long complained about the heavy-handed behaviour of traditional AV products, their drag on performance and their intrusiveness,? Fewster adds. ?They?ll be amazed by the easy installation of ESET Smart Security, its brilliant new interface, set-and-forget simplicity and negligible impact on system performance.?

ESET?s solutions are designed for SME and Home User markets, and are available through a network of dedicated resellers across the country. ESET Australia offers free support to business and home users via telephone or email. ESET solutions are also enabled for ThreatSense.Net, a global early warning system forAvailability ected.

Availability

ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus V3 will be available for trial and purchase from November 5, 2007 at Pricing[/b]eset.com.au

Pricing

Free upgrade2to ESET Smart Security 2

Free upgrade to ESS from other AV su3ainder of licence term 3

NOD32 v3 is the same price as the current version (2.7)

[1] Virus Bulletin

[2] Offer ends December 31, 2007

[3] Proof of Purchase Required; limited to a maximum of one year; offer ends December 31, 2007

x2

Let the wars begins

Now if only ESET dropped their prices, say 20% then they really would be competitive.

I don't think I got the email yet. Can someone post the content of the email or is the press release it?

I have the final build of ESET Smart Security - screenshots coming soon!

Edited by Frothy