FORCEWARE 169.21

nvidia's official beta drivers are basically completed drivers that have yet to receive WHQL, the majority of their actual beta are internally tested, though most of the time they are leaked.

Windows Vista x86

Windows Vista x64

* WHQL candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.

* Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.

* Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.

* Numerous game and application compatibility fixes.

Please refer to the release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and known issues.

I notice that Windows Update (as of yesterday) is trying to push some nVidia drivers for my 8800GTX. I wonder if they are the WHQL version of 169.21?

Is NVidia ever going to WHQL one of these releases or will there just be Beta drivers forever?

DX10 just came out. and that's what all the latest drivers are messing with

they have a lot to figure out before their drivers can be concidered "final"

Is NVidia ever going to WHQL one of these releases or will there just be Beta drivers forever?

I'm not sure, I think Nvidia pays to Microsoft to get their drivers WHQLed, so they are waiting to get their drivers good enough to WHQL it. They are not going to do it with every driver they release!

Man i can't mention the last time i used a WHQL driver.. Beta is just fine

Yea it's not like it's a totally new driver.. these are all based off of past WHQL and Beta drivers to begin with...

If you're running dual screen, installing these drivers may disable your primary display! Be warned and check your secondary display if you get this problem.

I notice that Windows Update (as of yesterday) is trying to push some nVidia drivers for my 8800GTX. I wonder if they are the WHQL version of 169.21?

just odd timing, they were pushing the .06 release if i recall. i stupidly installed it and it downgraded my drivers.

DX10 just came out. and that's what all the latest drivers are messing with

they have a lot to figure out before their drivers can be concidered "final"

What do you mean just came out? It's always been part of Vista which RTM'ed over a year ago now so I don't understand what you mean.

I'm not sure, I think Nvidia pays to Microsoft to get their drivers WHQLed, so they are waiting to get their drivers good enough to WHQL it. They are not going to do it with every driver they release!

I'm not sure about right now, but WHQL certification used to cost like ten thousand of dollars.

If you are an SLI user, be careful with these. It has been pointed out that the SLI profiles in these drivers are all set to Single GPU. I installed them myself and found that to be the case. I went back to the 17s. Just a heads up.

If you're running dual screen, installing these drivers may disable your primary display! Be warned and check your secondary display if you get this problem.

hmm.. didnt know about this. i'll watch out then. im running the 169.17s (.19s?) and dual screens work fine.