Forceware 169.25 beta released!

OK, this is getting ridiculous. I like driver updates as much as the next guy, but it is a pain to install them every few days. I wonder what this release fixes.

EDIT: I found the changelog.

Vista x86 fixes

Single GPU Issues

All GPUs

• Blu‐ray disc titles over component‐out do not play at 576p.[304186]

GeForce 8 Series GPUs

• GeForce 8 Series: The Help topic for Antialiasing inaccurately states to use override

when turning off in‐game AA. [308859]

The override option should be used only if your application does not have built‐in

antialiasing control.

GeForce 7 Series GPUs

• GeForce 7900 GTX: Half‐Life 2–performance drops by 50% at resolution 2048x1536

and 1920x1440 compared to 2560x1600.[304298]

• GeForce 7 Series: With TMM enabled, the driver does not detect a hot‐plugged

VGA (dongle) or DVI connection.[250354 273864]

GeForce 6 Series GPUs

• GeForce 6800: Star Wars Empire at War – the application crashes to the desktop

after displaying the logo ʹpetroglyphʹ during launch. [344182]

• GeForce 6800: Frame drops occur when playing MPEG2 video files using Windows

Media Player 11. [284346/336873]

SLI Mode Issues

GeForce 8 Series GPUs

• [sLI], GeForce 8800 GTX: Everquest2–there is a brief flicker when entering the water

with 8xAA enabled. [306973]

• [sLI], GeForce 8600: 3DMark06–the screen goes blank after running all the tests

using the default settings, requiring a hard reboot. [348065]

• [sLI], GeForce 8600 GT: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion–the game crashes to the desktop

when antialiasing is set to 8x (Enhance) from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [308931]

• [sLI], GeForce 8600 GT/GTS: 3D games such as Battlefield 2, Age of Empire 3,

Battlefield 2142, Far Cry, and Chronicles of Reddick behave erratically when played

while the NVIDIA Control Panel is open.[303662]

• [sLI], GeForce 8600: Warhammer 40k Mark of Chaos–the ground has flickering

patches when using SLI mode. [332353]

• [sLI], GeForce 8500/8400/8300: Dungeon Siege 2–the system crashes after enabling

SLI and Override AA set to any value (from the NVIDIA Control Panel). [330815]

• [sLI], GeForce 8500/8400/8300: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars–corruption

and flickering occurs in the game after pressing the ESC key. [328823]

• [sLI], GeForce 8500/8400/8300: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion–there is flickering and

corruption on the player selection screen and in the game. [328013]

GeForce 7 Series GPUs

• [sLI], GeForce 7900 GTX: Gothic 3–the mountain reflections in the water flicker after

enabling SLI mode.[340574]

GeForce 6 Series GPUs

• [sLI], GeForce 6600/6200: The ʺResize Desktopʺ tab does not work on the NVIDIA

Control Panel‐>Resize HDTV Desktop page. [349389]

Fixed Issues–Windows Vista 64-bit

Vista x64 fixes

• GeForce 7 Series: With TMM enabled, the driver does not detect a hot‐plugged

VGA (dongle) or DVI connection.[250354 273864]

• GeForce 7800 GTX: “Display Driver is not responding “ messages appear when

playing HD files using WinDVD with hardware accelerator enabled. [309218/

319789]

Edited by NateB1

well you cant blame nvida for not getting us drivers :) will try these later on this evening, server must be being hammered as i only pulled 60kbs

So don't?

Well.... That's the problem. I like having the latest drivers, as I run apps like Crysis that could benefit from the updates. What nVidia needs is an auto-updater app that checks periodically for updates to their beta drivers if they are going to release them in rapid succession like this.

Everyone was complaining when nvidia didn't release updates. Now they are doing a really good job of releasing updates and now people are complaining about that too. Companies just can't win.

If the whiners would actually download the release notes (you can read right!?), they could determine if there is anything new or fixed for their GPU model. If not, no real reason to update.

Release notes do little in the way of determining if a drive is a better choice for your machine. I'm sorry your ignorance on the subject has lead you to believe so. Some people experience major boosts, and other experience the opposite. The only way to be sure it to test them for yourself. I've had on many occasions where a bug fix I was looking for was listed, ended up in a multitude of new, unlisted problems.

Either way, updating is a quick and easy process even with proper driver cleaning.

^ that sucks, bring on the new drivers though, my vista box needs all the help it can get

Same here man... I have a 7600 GS 512 ram and the Nvidia drivers lock up all the time... I went back to using the windows based drivers that auto install. It just works smother!!

This update was awesome for me.

When I first log into windows, open media player, view flash in IE7, or even start the windows live photo gallery, my graphic card's fan turns on high or 100%. Normally it won't settle down until 15-20 minutes have passed. This new update lowers that to about 5 minutes.

Hopefully Nvidia will eventually get it to where it only goes on high speed when temps get high (like actually playing a 3d intensive game)

The fan also stays on high when video is playing in media center and after a UAC prompt

Wow. I didn't know stating that this latest driver release came a little too quickly for me could generate so much backlash. I appreciate nVidia's efforts to release drivers so quickly - I just wish they would give full release notes on the driver update, so I know whether to download it or not.

new drivers are working good, except in world in conflict if i zoom down to ground level in a forest and look around, it sometimes goes black...doesn't happen if i zoom back out. Evga 8800GTX