iPhone 1.1.3 Spyshots

Looks like the soon-to-be-released iPhone firmware 1.1.3 has quite a few surprises. We were able to get a look at it, and here is what we found:

The ability to send an SMS message to multiple people is now there

Google Maps application can now pinpoint your location using cell tower triangulation

Google Maps can now display the Hybrid map view

You can now drag and drop application icons on your home screen

The home screen supports pagination

You can now add web bookmarks to your home screen

That is all we have found for now. We also know that is you used AnySIM to unlock your phone, you can expect the 1.1.3 update to brick it. Good times. Take a look at our iPhone Firmware 1.1.3 Gallery for a photo tour of the new stuff.

Source.

And because GearLive is shockingly show and the pack of Apple Lawyers may be working at this time of the night, I have mirrored the larger images.

homeedit09b61.jpg

Apple have finally added the ability to modify Springboard and the Dock. You can have multiple pages of apps and applets as well.

homedragcalculator12b2b.jpg

Apps on the Springboard can be dragged, like Calculator in the photo.

homedragmail3a13f.jpg

Apps can be dragged out of and into the Dock.

smsmultiplecontacts85b9e.jpg

You can now send an SMS to multiple contacts.

mapstoolbard96eb.jpg

The toolbar of the Maps app has changed to include a Locate Me button and More Options button

mapslocatemecab38.jpg

Locate Me in action. It uses Cell Tower triangulation.

mapsoptionsfd848.jpg

When pressing the More Options button, the map curls up to reveal the extra buttons.

safaribookmarksmenuec624.jpg

More options have been added to the Safari bookmarks menu.

safariaddbookmarktohome1bea5.jpg

You are now able to add a bookmark as an applet on the Home screen.

homebookmarkappleteebdf.jpg

A bookmark applet on the Home screen.

Edited by osirisX

What happens if you have more than 16 apps on the springboard?

They go onto another page and little dots appear like in Stocks, Weather and Safari bookmarks.

Nice update, and for what its worth, its not called Touch OS X. Its just called OS X :)

No, it's not called either OS X or "Touch OS X". No matter what Apple says, it's not OS X - it's just based on a port of the same kernel (Darwin).

It's just based on a port of the same kernel (Darwin)

What the hell? It uses the same kernel - ergo it deserves to use the same name. I doubt Windows Mobile / Windows CE shares any more or less with its desktop brother than the mobile version of OSX does, yet it shares the Windows name? Similarly, GNU/Linux is, essentially, just the kernel and all the other stuff that gets bundled with it is extra.. the kernel by itself is still GNU/Linux!

Anyway.. yeah.. nice features. I really keep thinking about an iPhone but the contract costs just scare me off. Just gotta hope they re-work the tarrifs eventually or the next firmware version is EASILY breakable. I'd pay the ?279 for one (though I do get ?10 off with education discount.. woo) but I just don't want to pay O2's prices for the tarrifs!:(:(

Nice bunch of updates.

According to the user agent the Operating System is 'Like Mac OS X'. Whatever that means. :p

Amazing how it took 1.1.3 to bring features that should have been a part of 1.0 all along. Seriously, it took Apple six months to realize that users may want to rearrange the icons on the home screen?

they just found out that 1.1.2 clocks yoru hardware slight faster btw so if you were looking for an excuse to go through the trouble of updating/jailbreaking there you go

they just found out that 1.1.2 clocks yoru hardware slight faster btw so if you were looking for an excuse to go through the trouble of updating/jailbreaking there you go

Actually, I heard the clock is slower to save power but the software is more optimized in 1.1.2.

Also, this update is fine for non-jailbreakers but for those of us who have Jailbroken iPhones/ iPods. We've been doing all this for a while.

wish ipod touch had native google maps :(

and mail for that matter...why would they think that someone wouldnt want mail?

oh well, jailbreaking is still the way to go

Nice update, and for what its worth, its not called Touch OS X. Its just called OS X :)

For what it's worth, Touch OS X makes for a better headline. It's easier to identify which version of OS X the topic is talking about. But technically speaking, yes it is called OS X.

Similarly, GNU/Linux is, essentially, just the kernel and all the other stuff that gets bundled with it is extra.. the kernel by itself is still GNU/Linux!

sorry to be so picky, but the kernel by itself is Linux, the entire system together with the GNU applications is GNU/Linux