iPhone 1.1.3 Spyshots

wish ipod touch had native google maps :(

Hopefully it will after the SDK is released in February (Y)

For what it's worth, Touch OS X makes for a better headline. It's easier to identify which version of OS X the topic is talking about. But technically speaking, yes it is called OS X.

When I saw "Touch OS X", I though it was about something tablet based. :laugh:

When I saw "Touch OS X", I though it was about something tablet based. :laugh:

Haha, well the iPhone and iPod touch are kinda like mini tablets :p And the Mac tablet could end up just being a huge iPod touch ;)

I know many people had been wanting the GPS functionality in Google Maps, so I'm sure they'll be happy!

...but it's not GPS as the iPhone doesn't have a GPS transponder in it. It's just tower triangulation and it doesn't work everywhere and it's not that accurate.

Google Maps for Windows Mobile does this now too.

I remember having to have the BlackJack II specifically for its GPS. After 3 weeks of using it I've come to the conclusion that nothing comes close to dedicated GPS systems...not to mention, I can never imagine myself being somewhere without have a general idea of where I am. So, I sold the BJII and got my iPhone 2 days ago.

Looking forward to 1.1.3 and SDK, though. Let's get the little irritating tidbits taken care of because even as of now, the iPhone is fantastic.

Next up on this rollercoaster ride of a rumour:

Gizmodo is now saying it is 100% real and will be out within a week. The dude says he is going to post more videos of other features in 1.1.3 and has set up a thread over at GearLive where you can ask him any questions you want.

http://www.gearlive.com/forums/viewthread/16402/

Haha, well the iPhone and iPod touch are kinda like mini tablets :p And the Mac tablet could end up just being a huge iPod touch ;)

Very good point :laugh:

I don't really like the way iPhones get so many cool things. At the same price point of $399, an iPod touch only has 8 more gigabytes and is thinner. Otherwise, the iPhone has so many things... like Bluetooth, integrated camera, a bigger screen (with the same resolution though!), more built-in applications, etc.

Anyway, I would have bought the iPhone for sure, but here in Canada it costs like $700... 400 + customs + shipping + fake sim card + etc. etc. It makes no sense. And meanwhile, France, UK and USA are enjoying their iPhones.

I remember having to have the BlackJack II specifically for its GPS. After 3 weeks of using it I've come to the conclusion that nothing comes close to dedicated GPS systems...

My thoughts exactly. Integrating all my hand-held devices into one device (like iPhone) would be nice, but from the phone-GPS products out now, they're a half-hearted attempt at best. If I'm driving and I miss a turn, I'd want my GPS to respond immediately; not sit around, people honking behind me, waiting for it to recalculate.

And an oh yeah on the new 'page curl' effect. That'll get some "ooohs" at Macworld for sure.

Day 3: GearLive have now posted a full video of the stuff in 1.1.3. It's real. Someone over at Macrumors also explained the altered carrier icon is a leftover from the iPhone being hacked and then upgraded.

Video and Mirror.

1. Copy and Paste.

2. iPhone apps on iPod touch.

3. 1.1.3 on the iPod touch.

Please thank you.

You have an ipod... an mp3 player... if you wanted a personal organizer with all the apps the iphone has... well... duh... get an iPhone.

The reason the carrier is Nate:

The SpringBoard (iPhone UI/icon screen) settings are stored in a file called com.apple.springboard.plist.

This is an Apple file that exists in all iPhones -- jailbroken or not.

An iPhone hacker/programmer (Erica Sadun) found undocumented preferences in this file. One of the preferences was to set a fake carrier. (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/11/27/a-half-dozen-fun-undocumented-iphone-preferences/)

When Nate upgraded, his com.apple.springboard.plist file was kept intact, as it is just his settings (I believe it has brightness, auto-lock time, etc).

If he restored, com.apple.springboard.plist was restored from the backup iTunes makes every time you sync your phone.

The fake carrier proves nothing, except that this is really Nate True's iPhone ;)

You have an ipod... an mp3 player... if you wanted a personal organizer with all the apps the iphone has... well... duh... get an iPhone.

I don't want another phone, and I don't want to sign with AT&T (not to mention I can't for another year or so even if I wanted to).

-Spenser