So Opera scores 100/100 in Acid3...

Evolution: they plan on releasing the build within the next week, read the article.....

We have some excellent news! Lars Erik Bolstad, the Head of Core Technology at Opera Software, sent me the following information to share:

I have a quick update on where we are with Acid3.

Since the test was officially announced recently, our Core developers have been hard at work fixing bugs and adding the missing standards support.

Today we reached a 100% pass rate for the first time! There are some remaining issues yet to be fixed, but we hope to have those sorted out shortly.

We will release a technical preview version on labs.opera.com within the next week or so. For now, the screenshot above shows the Acid3 test as rendered in our latest WinGogi Desktop build. WinGogi is the Windows version of our reference builds used for the internal testing of Opera's platform independent Core.

unless that build is downloadable.... it can't be confirmed...

It still doesn't pass the test, so even 100/100 doesn't mean that much... (if synthetic tests can mean that much to begin with... here we already have a perfect score with a wrong rendering :p)

I wonder what version of opera that is. I just ran mine and got 60/100 only. If it is a new build I hope they realese it soon.

It's supposedly a post-9.5 build, maybe a Peregrin prototype or something? Supposedly will be available for download in a week or so, albeit for now you can download a snapshot build of Opera 9.5 that passes 77/100

http://snapshot.opera.com

It still doesn't pass the test, so even 100/100 doesn't mean that much... (if synthetic tests can mean that much to begin with... here we already have a perfect score with a wrong rendering :p )

It's supposedly a post-9.5 build, maybe a Peregrin prototype or something? Supposedly will be available for download in a week or so, albeit for now you can download a snapshot build of Opera 9.5 that passes 77/100

http://snapshot.opera.com

How exactly is it wrong rendering? looks perfect match to me

How exactly is it wrong rendering? looks perfect match to me

there's space missing between the "," and "a" in "To pass the test, a browser..."

It's a problem with all available Opera builds AFAIK, from 9.0 to 9.26 to the latest 9.5 snapshot to this internal post-9.5 build.

WebKit is at 98/100 and is downloadable right now. http://webkit.org/blog/170/webkit-hits-98100-on-acid3/

well, WebKit also has its own share of rendering problems unrelated to the scores that's preventing it from achieving a pixel-perfect result of the reference image, so even a 100/100 won't mean a pass either.

So Opera made it to 100 first, good job.

I dont get the "but still not yet pass...", if you are refering to "There are some remaining issues yet to be fixed," that could mean other stuff not related to the test.

Edit: the screenshot is too small for me to even see if there is a missing space between "," amd "a". Looks fine to me.

Edited by Doli

So Opera made it to 100 first, good job.

I dont get the "but still not yet pass...", if you are refering to "There are some remaining issues yet to be fixed," that could mean other stuff not related to the test.

well, to quote the test itself "To pass the test,a browser must use its default settings, the animation has to be smooth, the score has to end on 100/100, and the final page has to look exactly, pixel for pixel, like this reference rendering." It's the "pixel for pixel" part that this build of Opera in the screenshot fails, at least by a whole space character, which is quite a lot of pixels :laugh:

And we don't know whether the animation is smooth or not... for example the current build of WebKit is NOT smooth on the animation... :shiftyninja:

unless that build is downloadable.... it can't be confirmed...

:rolleyes: It was posted by the developers. There we have it, the first browser to be 100% Acid 3 compatible (Y)

Congratulations are in order for Opera, I think.

This is quite surprising. Webkit's making good progress but up until now we all figured Opera's weekly builds were their only sign of progress. Is it just me or this is the first time I've heard of "WinGogi"?

Nevertheless, (Y) to them.

Another first for Opera!!!

*Congratulations
pera!*
I am waiting for 10 thou.... opera just doesn't seem to integrate well with vista

(chuckles)

It works
the best
in Vista for me!

I havent used Opera in a long time. It was my favorite browser for some time but im lazy and just use IE7/8 in Vista but I might give it a shot when this new build comes out.

I remember playing around with ubuntu and was :( that I couldnt get Opera working on the 64-bit version and had to use firefox.