So Opera scores 100/100 in Acid3...

As I said, we need something more concrete than a screenshot. Lets see who releases the first public version that can pass this.

lol

I could get 100 with IE very easily... by doing this little trick called "changing the link written in the address bar, while not loading it"

Seriously?

^ thats what i did, but Cs in the background makes it funnier :)

Then you should have gotten rid of the "(Reference Rendering)" in the browser's frame windows at the top. :p

Someone post a screenshot of the Steam in game browser making 100 on the acid 3 test while playing a game so we can say Steam made it first or second how ever you want to call it :)

lol

I could get 100 with IE very easily... by doing this little trick called "changing the link written in the address bar, while not loading it"

whilst also changing the title of the tab/window and introducing an opera specific bug to the rendering?

So does that mean Webkit just got whooped? :D
Depends who gets the first public available release?

AND depends on who truly PASS the test first :laugh:

thats great opera! i managed to get 100 just like you!

captureos6.png

:ninja:

lol you actually get it better than the post-9.5 Opera build, since your Opera didn't have the mistake of missing a space between "test," and "a browser" :woot:

I smell something fishy! http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1206578003&count=1

... this stinks alot

lol, I wonder when WebKit gets 100/100, will Opera people track him down to do another "last minute change"? :sleep:

I love Opera, but not because of its performance on a synthetic benchmark... it's just the fastest, most responsive browser.

right on. I loved Opera best back then when it did not pass Acid2, and I'll continue to love Opera best despite whether it passes another synthetic test or not :)

Haha the more I read this the happier it makes me. I've used Opera for years now since I never liked Firefox because of how slow and unresponsive it was and now my Opera is on top and rockin'. :cool:

No it doesn't, there was a bug in the test (it was wrong), It got fixed and WebKit passed it (and possibly made Opera fall back a point).

So therefore technically Opera was not the first browser to pass the test and Safari was?

So therefore technically Opera was not the first browser to pass the test and Safari was?

well, there is no telling whether Opera will fall back one point due to this "last minute change", maybe it still gets 100/100 after the change.

On the other hand both are still yet to pass the test, so technically speaking currenty there's no telling which one will pass the test first, they still have works to do to get "pixel-for-pixel" accuracy and "smooth animation".

Safari's already got the pixel for pixel rendering down.

And none of them can do all the tests smoothly.

From cache Webkit can.

Safari's already got the pixel for pixel rendering down.

And none of them can do all the tests smoothly.

well, it's not pixel for pixel for the latest svn build in Arch Linux for me... albeit it could be a platform-related problem.

From cache Webkit can.

There are still at least three visible "lags" (two major ones at around 17 and 65, one minor one at around 25) even when loading from cache.

None passed the test, yet.

A) you have smoothly pass the test and Opera had a glitch

B) in my opinion, while public builds are relevant for timelines/whatnot, official releases should really be the used for the goal