Neowin Fantasy Premiership Season 2008 - 2009

fantasy_top.gif

Hi all!

It is that time of year once again, for the Official Premier League Fantasy Football for the new season - 08-09!. The Neowin Fantasy Premier league is now going into it's fifth year, and I hope it will continue to be as popular as it has been before. Congratulations go to Telvinder Dosanjh's Tel's Terrors 2 who won the league last year with an excellent 2252 points!!

Previous Winners

08/09 - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?

07/08 - Telvinder Dosanjh's Tel's Terrors 2

06/07 - Andy Saunders FaRSightxc2's Team

05/06 - Andy Saunders FaRSightxc2's Team

04/05 - Pete Gaulton's The Toffeemen

For those that haven't played before, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/index.html and click REGISTER. Follow the instructions, read the rules (link below), pick a team and register for the Neowin league. This is done by clicking 'Leagues' on the right hand side, entering the number '62273-17322 ' into the box, and clicking 'Join League'.

You can make transfers - one a week for free - but if you make any more in the same gameweek 4pts will be deducted from your total score. Players get points for things such as playing 60 mins, scoring, keeping a clean sheet or getting assists. However, the Fantasy Manager should be aware that players can also lose points for yellow or red cards. All rules, regulations, including how scoring works etc are listed in the following link: HELP/Rules. This includes info on how players score, when substitutes get points etc. Also look out for the 'Transfer Wildcard' option which is now available ( Transfer Help ). This enables you to make an unlimited amount of transfers in a single gameweek for free at one point during the season.

I will be equally useless this year at updating the thread. If anyone would like to do update semi [ir]regularly, please feel free as I may not have the time, although will do my best!

Once again, good luck to everyone!!

- FaRSightxc2

PS:

If anyone has by any chance a screen shot of the final table for the 05/06 season then that would be awesome, please post in the thread or PM thanks!

Edited by FaRSightxc2

Farsight you legend! Nice one for making the thread!

I beat you last year, finished one place above you ;)

Ha ha, cheers buddy. Missed the banter actually, not been on Neowin regularly for months.

Yeah, saw you beat me last year - I am back on for a title push this year though :shiftyninja:

GL dude...lol

Hey again Farsight! You are one legend. I only ask one thing... at least update it once a week or once every 2 weeks with a nice sumarry or table. I might be able to do it at some times...

I finshed 10th last year which is an improvement of the year before that! I was 47th the year before that! So an improvement of 37 places! Hopeful;ly this year I will be in the top five.

I guess I will make my team this weekend.

Thanks for making this thread again!

See you in the league guys!

Hey again Farsight! You are one legend. I only ask one thing... at least update it once a week or once every 2 weeks with a nice sumarry or table. I might be able to do it at some times...

I finshed 10th last year which is an improvement of the year before that! I was 47th the year before that! So an improvement of 37 places! Hopeful;ly this year I will be in the top five.

I guess I will make my team this weekend.

Thanks for making this thread again!

See you in the league guys!

I'll try...no promises though, although I did enjoy it when I did it.... :whistle:

And, yeah, if it ever goes a lil while without an update, then please feel welcome to do one yourself!

Thanks a lot mate. I am looking forward to this year and to making another improvement this year! I am going to be Martyn this year!

Thanks a lot mate. I am looking forward to this year and to making another improvement this year! I am going to be Martyn this year!

Then who is he going to be????? :D ;)

Then who is he going to be????? :D ;)

Yeah? That is a pretty important question. I'm being forced out of my own identity here, I'll be a lonely spirit flowing around the world soon...

image002.jpg

Aims at Crazysah :p

Crazysah calls a press conference and says, ""Martyn, I would like to tell you that you got the wrong person."

Unstuck 07/08, stuck 08/09 and submitted my team ;) Good luck everyone!

Thanks! I also submitted my team. We have 15 teams in the league now.

Good luck to all!

Unstuck 07/08, stuck 08/09 and submitted my team ;) Good luck everyone!

Cheers Neobond!

Lots of comings and goings left in this transfer window. Have a perliminary team, but its most probably going to change before the beginning of the season!

My problem is the 'Ronaldo Question' - for the last two seasons, him as captain has been a must. However, at 14m he is very expensive - I could buy, say, Gerrard for 11.5 or Fabregas for 10 and strengthen nearly every position!

But is Ronaldo too instrumental to leave out....? Answers on a postcard please....

No. Isin't Ronaldo anyways out for some months due to an injury? By the time he comes back, his price would have gone down. So I suggest you don't buy him now!

Yeah. After 3 months... his price will come down from 14 to around 13 or so.... so thats better! You might not even need him after three months or even want him!

• 2 weeks later...