Intel 915 driver problem

I just installed win 7 beta on a somewhat old notebook (pentium m 1.73ghz, 1.5gb ram, intel 915 acelerator)

I finished installing and did windows update. It downloaded the drivers for the video adapter.

The problem appears when it uses the overlay function i think. When i try to see a video or do the performance assessment, the video frozes up, but i can see the disk still working on the notebook.

if i uninstall the driver i doesn?t have problem of stability, but neither have video acceleration.

If anyone can help i will appreciate it.

Thanks

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm wondering if it might be an issue with the Intel 855 chipset/drivers, since they govern the AGP interface.

I'm going to try installing updated drivers when I get home later today and will report back with my results.

I just installed win 7 beta on a somewhat old notebook (pentium m 1.73ghz, 1.5gb ram, intel 915 acelerator)

I finished installing and did windows update. It downloaded the drivers for the video adapter.

The problem appears when it uses the overlay function i think. When i try to see a video or do the performance assessment, the video frozes up, but i can see the disk still working on the notebook.

if i uninstall the driver i doesn?t have problem of stability, but neither have video acceleration.

If anyone can help i will appreciate it.

Thanks

Installed Win 7 on:

Intel 1.5Ghz

Intel 915 Accelerator

2Gb Ram

Freezes randomly ( Random: I think possibly when Windows Presentation Foundation is used) and when doing Windows Experience Assessment on Windows Media Decoding Performance.

Video freezes up and hard drive keeps working.

After uninstalling graphics driver no more freezing.

Windows Experience Assessment passes.

I think that maybe the driver tries to access something not implemented in the hardware.

If anyone finds a solution please post.

Thanks

Installed Win 7 on:

Intel 1.5Ghz

Intel 915 Accelerator

2Gb Ram

Freezes randomly ( Random: I think possibly when Windows Presentation Foundation is used) and when doing Windows Experience Assessment on Windows Media Decoding Performance.

Video freezes up and hard drive keeps working.

After uninstalling graphics driver no more freezing.

Windows Experience Assessment passes.

I think that maybe the driver tries to access something not implemented in the hardware.

If anyone finds a solution please post.

Thanks

I haven't found a solution yet, but so far I believe everyone having this problem is using some version of the intel 855 chipset. I don't know that it's a chipset issue, but it's at least something. More info on our efforts is in

this thread

I haven't found a solution yet, but so far I believe everyone having this problem is using some version of the intel 855 chipset. I don't know that it's a chipset issue, but it's at least something. More info on our efforts is in

this thread

FWIW from the Windows7 release notes, known driver incompatibility will cause random crashes: (@ http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/D...ase%20Notes.htm )

do not use XDDM drivers, but find an appropriate WDDM driver instead. If your video chipset does not have a WDDM driver (such as the Intel 915), use a VGA driver or an GPU that supports WDDM drivers.

driver works well, tho attempting to increase my performance index does not complete due to hard lock