fix desktop.ini showing on boot in 7057

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://members.cox.net/billstelling/...By%20GeXeH.rar

a little program to delete the desktop ini file that comes up upon boot in 7057.

you dont need a program todo that just go to the following places and delete them manually

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

don't DELETE the file, set the attribute of the file desktop.ini in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup to hidden!!!!!!!!!

Little tip for those that apparently can't find the file, when you reboot and notepad pops up, just go file->save as. The save as dialog will be where the file is, change the save file type to all files and you'll see the file.

Start -> shell:common startup, right click desktop.ini and set it to hidden. Next time you log on it won't be there.

I've got em all over the place in every folder. I already fixed it on one unit using a cmd prompt which auto hid all the desktop ini files but I can't remember the site where I got the code to do it on the second install I have done can anyone help?

I've got em all over the place in every folder. I already fixed it on one unit using a cmd prompt which auto hid all the desktop ini files but I can't remember the site where I got the code to do it on the second install I have done can anyone help?

c:\>attrib +h +a +s desktop.ini /s

How do you hide? I can't find that option when I right click. Thx

EDIT: right click>properties then hidden?

don't DELETE the file, set the attribute of the file desktop.ini in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup to hidden!!!!!!!!!
Well, the effect is the same since it gets rebuilt by windows with the correct attributes. Still I see what you mean. You can only set the file to attribute system by commandline as far as I know.