Punkbuster Confirmed Working On Windows 7 x64 Build 7100

KillPuppy over at TF posted this. thought id share with you all. let me know if it works....

From http://arch1tect.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/...-fix-windows-7/

Currently Punkbuster (the anti-cheat software built into many multiplayer games) has major compatibility issues with Windows 7. Various fixes have been discovered for x32 versions of the Beta OS, but none (until now) for x64. Punkbuster themselves have refused to support Windows 7 until RTM, so forgive the ?hackiness? of the fix, but it works.

The Fix

In both C:\Windows\SYSWOW64 and C:\Windows\System32

Open PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe?s properties and enable Vista Compatibility Mode, as well as ?Run as administrator?. Save.

Right click on the desktop and create a new text file, then copy paste the following:

Quote:

:start

sc config PnkBstrA type= own type= interact

sc config PnkBstrB type= own type= interact

timeout 60

goto start

Save the text file as punkbuster.bat and run it (as an administrator) before joining a server.

Problem ?resolved?.

Source: Windows7Center

Wow...I will have to try this out if I decide to upgrade my vista game box.

Thanks.

Punkbuster is such a horrible piece of software and I wish games would find something else. It hardly works on the operating systems it does support.

Punkbuster is such a horrible piece of software and I wish games would find something else. It hardly works on the operating systems it does support.

Yeah. I just upgraded to Americas Army 2.8.5 and I can't get it to work anymore.

punkbit%$*s is what they should be called..and don't give me that crap about it take too much time to develop or other lame excuse :angry:

so works or not for BF2?

I had to rolled back my Win 7 x64 RC because couldn't make BF2 it work with it. (i play in a clan and need to be able to play online)

Unfortunately for me it made it worse.

I used to be able to play COD4 for up to around 10 minutes before getting kicked. Now I get kicked once it loops back to "start."

I have windows 7 7000 and i find out a really good fix for cod4. So i guess it works for 7100 too.

go to C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD4\pb and there u will find one or two files: PnkBstrA.exe and/or PnkBstrB.exe. Now right click and go to Compatibility and check the box "Run this program as an Administrator". Now start cod4 normal and enjoy u're game:)