16385 still has a taskbar higlight glitch

Where when you hover over a taskbar icon and them move the mouse away the highlight stays (btw this glitch happens at random, happened after 2 days of testing the build):

post-112433-1248134606.png

Updated: To include the other picture in original post

Notice where the pointer is and that the highlight over media player remains as if the mouse is hovering over that icon:

post-112433-1248172425.jpg

Edited by vask

It's not a bug, its a feature.

Seriously though, it isn't Microsoft's fault. Its your fault for moving your mouse in the first place.

Better image showing the bug in action. Notice where the pointer is and that the highlight over media player remains as if the mouse is hovering over that icon:

post-112433-1248135405.jpg

I'm really not sure if that's a bug. It just seems like it's there as intended. It even does the same thing to active application in the taskbar. Hover the mouse over it, it highlights, and still stays highlighted even if you move it away. If I recall, it's been reported since Beta, and seems that it's meant to work that way.

I'm really not sure if that's a bug. It just seems like it's there as intended. It even does the same thing to active application in the taskbar. Hover the mouse over it, it highlights, and still stays highlighted even if you move it away. If I recall, it's been reported since Beta, and seems that it's meant to work that way.

No, this is definitely not how it's intended. Normally if you move away, the highlight disappears (as it should). However this broken behaviour does randomly pop up, happened once after 2 days of running 16385. Needs restart to make it go away. Also, it happens without warning, nothing crashed before it did that.

Guess Microsoft hasn't quite signed off yet. Maybe they'll fix this on one of their unsigned RTM builds. Never ran into that. Could it be videocard drive issues? Never happened in the release candidate for me (7100).

Where when you hover over a taskbar icon and them move the mouse away the highlight stays (btw this glitch happens at random, happened after 2 days of testing the build):

post-112433-1248134606.png

The problem is you said it happens at "random", which makes any sort of debugging difficult. If you can find a specific set of steps to replicate the bug then it's more likely to be fixed sooner.

Gotta be your PC. No issues here on three different computers.

As I said, it happens infrequently and seemingly at random. I have seen this bug reported since beta and have experienced it myself a number of times in older builds. Just surprised it is still there in this build.

Happens for me too. You have to hover you mouse over an icon, and then move it off really fast. I'm using build 7201.

Okay. THAT happens. Moving the mouse fast enough away does take away the highlighting, but moving it away slow enough, will definitely keep any task bar item highlighted.

I've had this happen too. I've also in every build I've used had some taskbar flickering with the icons also flashing.

Both only happened once a few hours after the installation and seemingly solved itself so it is in't too much of a problem for me.

It happens here too on 7600.16385 x64 and 7100 x64. Just slowly hovering and quickly moving the cursor causes it to show up as if it were hovered on. I'll try to put up a video later on.

Better image showing the bug in action. Notice where the pointer is and that the highlight over media player remains as if the mouse is hovering over that icon:

post-112433-1248135405.jpg

Are you talking about this?

post-24918-1248139922.png

Are you talking about this?

That and the 2 vertical lines which represent hover state of the icon which under normal behaviour disappears after you move away the mouse pointer from the taskbar. Whereas, during the glitch the icon remains highlighted even when the pointer is no longer hovering over that icon.

dude, thats not a glitch, that means the program is running

it has done that on every version ive installed since RC 7100