[Poll] Should Apple assist users infected with Mac Defender?

Should Apple assist users infected with Mac Defender?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Apple assist users infected with Mac Defender?

There seems to be a great division/difference of opinion in the community on this subject.

This poll will see who is correct (by virtue of a popular vote).

Assistance could mean either providing technical support, providing removal instructions, providing a removal tool or providing an update to Mac OS X which blocks the malware, as oppose to doing nothing.

I voted yes because it's the option that would make Mac users feel like Apple was looking out for them. They should either do that or at least warn Mac users that they should look into getting virus protection. The majority of Mac users have been lulled into a state of complacency about security. The security was there not because of advanced technical advancements but simply because the low marketshare didn't provide a big enough return for the people making viruses. That has now changed.

I think they should, purely because it's the right thing to do. Not to mention it's good for Apple's reputation, so they gain something by doing so as well.

I voted yes because it's the option that would make Mac users feel like Apple was looking out for them. They should either do that or at least warn Mac users that they should look into getting virus protection. The majority of Mac users have been lulled into a state of complacency about security. The security was there not because of advanced technical advancements but simply because the low marketshare didn't provide a big enough return for the people making viruses. That has now changed.

Couldn't have said it better...