E3 2011: Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders HD Collections

Fantastic news. :D Still got the original discs for MGS1, 2 and 3, but definitely going to buy these day 1. Been wanting to play the MGS series again (only done so twice so far), and this'll save moving and hooking the PS2 back up.

Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections are planned for release digitally on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, alongside retail box versions.

That's according to Konami's official website for the pair, which says just that.

The compilations were announced at the publisher's E3 press conference on Friday morning. The Metal Gear box, which releases this November, is set to include updates of MGS2 and 3, PSP entry Peace Walker, plus a code to download the original MGS through PSN, if you purchase the PS3 box.

The Zone of the Enders HD Collection meanwhile will release in 2012 on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with HD versions of the two PS2 games.

Both titles will include updated audio and visuals, Trophy and Achievement support, and will run at 60fps.

Anyone else notice that they're not saying the MGS download code is limited to the Japanese version now? I really hope that's true! :)

Anyone else notice that they're not saying the MGS download code is limited to the Japanese version now? I really hope that's true! :)

Yeah it's going to be a perk for buying the PS3 box version, won't come with the downloadable ones.

Yeah it's going to be a perk for buying the PS3 box version, won't come with the downloadable ones.

So it's genuinely being included in every boxed version of the collection? Not just the Japanese version? :woot:

I can't wait for the Zone Of The Enders HD Collections, especially as I'm getting an Xbox 360 at the end of this month :D !

Scirwode