Jones "Rampage is my next opponent!"

Officially, Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson is in limbo while the state of his hand injury is determined.

But light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is certain that Jackson - a former champion himself - will be his next opponent.

?I'll be fighting Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson next. I'm not allowed to discuss the date because I didn't sign a contract, but yeah, it will be very soon,? he told MMA Junkie last night.

Jones expects the fight to take place in September.

But Jackson is at present under a medical suspension issued by Nevada State Athletic Commission after his UFC 130 fight with Matt Hamill this past weekend. The suspension is for six months but can be lifted early if Jackson is cleared by a doctor.

The fact that Jackson is getting a title shot at all seems odd in light of the fact that Rashad Evans was a lock for the contender spot until very recently. He and Jones, former team mates turned bitter rivals, were due to contest the belt until Jones said he could not fight as he needed surgery on his hand.

No sooner was Evans given a new match - Phil Davis - than Jones declared he did not need surgery after all and said he was looking forward to his first title defence. On top of that, Evans is now not guaranteed a title shot even if he beats Davis at UFC 133.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6958&offset=0

Jones seems do be ducking Evans big time. Don't know why but he must have some very special insider knowledge that would allow him to beat Jones. Rampage getting the next title shot is borderline retarded. He lost to Evans, "won" against Machida and then beat Special Olympics hopeful Matt Hamill who as an elite wrestler went 0 for 17 takedowns. Evans on the other hand took Jackson down at will.

Something is up with the LHW crown... and it sucks.

To me, Jones wears one big mask. I've heard so many ppl call him humble, respectful and all that but I can't help but think it's an act. I don't like him personally...Either way, this topic is not about that. Just had to get it out there :p.

I feel Rampage does stand a chance if his conditioning is pushed. His strength is there, the ring rust is wearing off and I think despite some of his comments he is dedicated. I recall Dana White saying if not Rampage, it will be Machida. I think Machida's counter fighting style and elusiveness would be problematic for Jones.

To me, Jones wears one big mask. I've heard so many ppl call him humble, respectful and all that but I can't help but think it's an act. I don't like him personally...Either way, this topic is not about that. Just had to get it out there :p.

I feel Rampage does stand a chance if his conditioning is pushed. His strength is there, the ring rust is wearing off and I think despite some of his comments he is dedicated. I recall Dana White saying if not Rampage, it will be Machida. I think Machida's counter fighting style and elusiveness would be problematic for Jones.

To the same Machida that couldn't "beat" a semi-agressive Rampage? Don't think so. Jones put a dominant beating on Rua and I don't think Machida would be any different. Rampage has won 2 fight but he didn't beat his opponents, he outpointed them. Matt Hamill couldn't do anything to him and Rampage couldn't/didn't finish him off. Do you think Jones will have the same problem? The only guy in the division that represents a threat is Evans and Jones is ducking him like crazy. If he fights Rampage, it will be a gift-wrapped KO waiting to happen.

To the same Machida that couldn't "beat" a semi-agressive Rampage? Don't think so. Jones put a dominant beating on Rua and I don't think Machida would be any different. Rampage has won 2 fight but he didn't beat his opponents, he outpointed them. Matt Hamill couldn't do anything to him and Rampage couldn't/didn't finish him off. Do you think Jones will have the same problem? The only guy in the division that represents a threat is Evans and Jones is ducking him like crazy. If he fights Rampage, it will be a gift-wrapped KO waiting to happen.

I think psychologically, Machida was afraid of the KO having just suffered one at the hands of Rua and knowing Rampage's power. His win over Couture probably boosted his confidence and I think we'll see him back in top form in no time. And really...Machida did more damage in that entire third round than Rampage did the whole fight.

As for Rampage, yes he outpointed Hammill and Machida but that doesn't mean he still doesn't have KO power which is why I mentioned his conditioning. He's still, as far as I'm concerned, coming back from a long lay off and has had a lot of time in between fights at least concerning Rashad and Machida. I just feel that Rampage would stand a chance is all. I didn't say "he will win it hands down". He has a chance though and what I feel to be a good one at that.