Club or Country? More important?

Club or Country?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more important to Footballers?

View on English players here:

I'd go with club, as they pay the wages and the fans are loyal.

I think with the international duties there is too much pressure/expectation/complete **** from the media and 'fans'.

Although I'm sure they'd all love to do well for the country.

It's the same for me (french dude). The club are day to day support, but when comes an international tournament the country (European or World Cup) takes over, since your club doesn't play at the same time anyway. And we see when a country wins one of the two trophies that the people are enjoying more, it touches everyone in the country (almost everyone). Losing a world cup final is harder to accept than losing a Champions League final, I know it cause I've been there before with France and United.

Definatly club, i could not give a toss how London FC (England btw if you hadn't guessed :rofl:) get on at the Euros / World Cup.

For me, it depends on the club. If a footballer is playing for a lower quality side, playing for England is going to be the highlight of his career.

For players at top clubs, they have the Champions League/winning the league to focus on; which often takes over importance..

But either way, I think most players still see playing for their country as an honor & a privilege. Winning the World Cup with your country should always be any player's dream.

Club really...as a West Ham fan we have been brushed with the bad luck of going to play for Country and see how it ruins the club they play for