E3 2011: Sony Press Conference

Think again

795850590t.jpg

They gave it a badass name that will sell it alone!

the majority of the world doesn't care about anime... at all. i don't even know who/what that is

Think again

795850590t.jpg

They gave it a badass name that will sell it alone!

WTF? :blink:

With the PSP under its belt, I hope Sony will be better able to support their handheld system with decent releases throughout it's life. Definitely one of the reasons I eventually sold my PSP.

You know what, even if the Vita does not do well in the states, which I have a feeling it may just do okay, the Japanese are going to eat this thing up. No doubt about it. Which is good for anyone considering it as it means it will at least have a good life span.

You know what, even if the Vita does not do well in the states, which I have a feeling it may just do okay, the Japanese are going to eat this thing up. No doubt about it. Which is good for anyone considering it as it means it will at least have a good life span.

this is why i doubt that. japanese numbers are usually really low compared to the states, so they need the states. majority of that country is still worried about recovering from the earthquakes and finally, no mention of price usually means its gonna be damn expensive.

Didn't they say they were getting a Monster Hunter out for the Vita fairly quickly? If so, Vita is a surefire success right away in Japan. There is such a crossroads right now with Apple invading the gaming space, it is so interesting to see where non phone handhelds like the 3DS and the Vita will show up.

Edit: Rajput, wait until the end of the presentation, I'm sure they will drop the price then.

Didn't they say they were getting a Monster Hunter out for the Vita fairly quickly? If so, Vita is a surefire success right away in Japan. There is such a crossroads right now with Apple invading the gaming space, it is so interesting to see where non phone handhelds like the 3DS and the Vita will show up.

there is a monster hunter? nvm larry, i take all that back.

this is why i doubt that. japanese numbers are usually really low compared to the states, so they need the states. majority of that country is still worried about recovering from the earthquakes and finally, no mention of price usually means its gonna be damn expensive.

True, right now, the PSP sold 17 million in states, and 15 million in Japan.

Reason I say this Vita will be more successful in Japan then the states this time around is the addition of touch and dual cameras. Brings it a step closer to the DS, which we all know dominates the Japanese handheld market.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I see them being more successful there then here.

Especially with the announcement of Streetfighter X Tekken, and as Mystic said, I believe a Monster Hunter game is planned for launch or close to.

$249 for WiFi only.

There it is, I knew they would drop the bombshell. It had to be competitive with the 3DS so that price point is a no brainer. Wonder how much of a loss that is though.

Cmon. Price drop. PLEASE announce a price drop. :laugh:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Damn, I should have gotten that bundle last week at Amazon, of course it is now gone!

I wonder what they cut to reach that price. I wish they would have considered dropping a touch screen or one of those cameras instead of memory or internal storage if they really did drop those. I guess we'll find out later.

There it is, I knew they would drop the bombshell. It had to be competitive with the 3DS so that price point is a no brainer. Wonder how much of a loss that is though.

I'd assume... A LOT :p It's still more powerful and more feature packed than a lot of ? 400 smart phones, with a lot more R & D behind it :L

If this get's out in the UK for ?199, that'd be the biggest bargain ever .____.

Also, I hope Nintendo feel stupid right now.

OK, as someone who has no interest in a mobile gaming device other than a phone, I stand by my previous statements: pretty disappointed. I expected them to crush Microsoft. They ended at par with Microsoft (B or B- for both of them; if you're a mobile gamer, then maybe A- for Sony?). Can Nintendo steal the show with their new console? I don't know why, but I get the feeling the controller will be a failure compared to the Wii. (Blasphemy, I know, right?)

I'd assume... A LOT :p It's still more powerful and more feature packed than a lot of ? 400 smart phones, with a lot more R & D behind it :L

If this get's out in the UK for ?199, that'd be hte biggest bargain ever .____.

Because it is designed as a gaming device and not a cellphone.

ARGGGG!!! I knew they wouldn't mention battery life but I was still holding out for maybe a mention. Hope they didn't skip on the battery.

HOLY MOTHER ASSS, CHeaper than 3DS???

Nope. same price as the 3ds is as of now. However, since it's not due out till around the holidays there's a chance nintendo could simply one up them by dropping the 3ds to $199 come the holidays.

On a related note: i wonder how much sony had to gimp their original grand plans for internal hardware specs to meet the current 3ds price.

Microsoft's was much worse imo. Sony won this time. I personally had high hopes for the Microsoft one but they did not deliver :(

Happy with most of the things shown by Sony, some were diabolical but most were decent

just because you've accepted them, doesn't mean it's still not stupid. all the above are still stupid names imo

Um, if people have accept it, doesn't that inherently mean it's not stupid? If it were stupid, people wouldn't accept it.