iTunes 10.5 beta for mac is 64bit!

I'm currently running Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 3 (will update to 4 when it comes down Software Update).

I updated iTunes to the new beta, 10.5, and to my surprise, its 64 bit. I'm not 100%, but its calling Core.UI framework instead of Carbon.

Here is a screenshot:

213era1.jpg

I'm currently running Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 3 (will update to 4 when it comes down Software Update).

I updated iTunes to the new beta, 10.5, and to my surprise, its 64 bit. I'm not 100%, but its calling Core.UI framework instead of Carbon.

Here is a screenshot:

I don't think 4 will be coming down Software update

How is the overall interface? Does the Preferences window finally got rid of those insane [OK] and [Cancel] buttons, does it use native Aqua elements (checkboxes, scroll bars, etc.), etc. Has performance improved?

How is the overall interface? Does the Preferences window finally got rid of those insane [OK] and [Cancel] buttons, does it use native Aqua elements (checkboxes, scroll bars, etc.), etc. Has performance improved?

I'll post some screenshots.

post-290994-0-35490300-1307458163.png

post-290994-0-64656600-1307458166.png

It has native fullscreen support in Lion (which I love).

Ah, ok, I will download the disk image then.

Thanks!

Screenshot of fullscreen support? That's what I was hoping for.

Here you go:

post-290994-0-64196700-1307458410.png

post-290994-0-19728500-1307458405.png

Looking at the screen shots it seems that it still uses a custom interface rather than relying native Aqua. Does it use native Lion scroll bars or custom ones?

Looking at the screen shots it seems that it still uses a custom interface rather than relying native Aqua.

It does, but at least it matches the native interface better than any recent version of iTunes

Looking at the screen shots it seems that it still uses a custom interface rather than relying native Aqua. Does it use native Lion scroll bars or custom ones?

Yes.

The scrollbars are the same as it is throughout Lion.

I think it is. There are reports some users having received it, where as the majority haven't - kind of like iTunes 10.3.

I think it is. There are reports some users having received it, where as the majority haven't - kind of like iTunes 10.3.

Ok, I will keep an eye out for it.

It does, but at least it matches the native interface better than any recent version of iTunes

Maybe they're taking a step in the right direction with v10.5. for a change. Hopefully iTunes 11 will have undergone a complete change.

I am very confused. How did iTunes jump from 10.2 to 10.5 in less then 24 hours? iTunes website says v.10.3 for download for both windows and mac. When I updated last night software updates said 10.3. Where did you get 10.5 from?

EDIT: I just checked my iTunes at home and it does say v.10.3. I also just did a check on software update and there isn't another update. This is only available on the dev portal?

I am very confused. How did iTunes jump from 10.2 to 10.5 in less then 24 hours? iTunes website says v.10.3 for download for both windows and mac. When I updated last night software updates said 10.3. Where did you get 10.5 from?

10.3 is latest Stable

10.5 is latest Dev

EDIT: I just checked my iTunes at home and it does say v.10.3. I also just did a check on software update and there isn't another update. This is only available on the dev portal?

10.5 is a requirement for iOS 5.

Hmm, the traffic light buttons are back to their horizontal positions... Is that a 10.5 addition or something on the latest version for 10.6 as well? I haven't upgraded yet to find out.

Hmm, the traffic light buttons are back to their horizontal positions... Is that a 10.5 addition or something on the latest version for 10.6 as well? I haven't upgraded yet to find out.

iTunes 10.5 restored the window controls to their normal horizontal position, at least on Mac OS X Lion. I'm going out on a limb here saying that it was a failed experiment of Apple's. Why the Mac App Store still has that different placement or alternatively why these changes haven't made it to Mac OS X Lion system-wide no idea. I kinda expected all applications to become like the Mac App Store.

The above post mentions the stoplight position.

If you mean a few posts above, it only says what is, it doesn't explain what happened to 10.4

My guess is they skipped it so that iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5 will all coincide. And they'll update iOS a few times real fast, so that you have iOS 7, iTunes 10.7, and OS X 7