Really weird breathing problem

Honestly type of music I don't think matters. I've had this issue for as long as I can remember - Over the years I've listening to all of the bands you've listed and more from Dubstep to Metal to J-pop in comfortable and uncomfortable environments, doesn't really make a difference.

Yeah it definitely doesn't help with me, if I feel uncomfortable listening to metal and change to dubstep it's only to avoid adding more problems if people start giving me abuse and then I have to try deal with that while feeling dizzy and sick.

A little off topic but it really annoys me that I feel I have to change what I'm listening to in case someone overhears it and it causes trouble for me, the thing that annoys me more is that me listening to a different type of music (by more talented artists :p) makes people think it's okay to give me abuse :angry:

• 3 months later...

I know this is late but as of this schoolyear I too have had this same problem. Its gotten worse and worse like I don't notice it right away but when I do remember my breathing it starts to get to me and I have this problem u speak of so it then becomes hard to complete a full song

HeroicOcean you think you have it bad, a friend of mine trevor had this weird thing when travelling/listening to his music, which had a huge effect on his balance too because an unseen growth grew and pressed on his cochlea, making him feel nauseous, disorientated and dizzy the minute the bus set off. Turned out he had an acoustic tumor. Rest in peace trevor.

I'd say go to the Dr. and rule out any physical ailment or Motion Sickness, if you can rule out a physical issue, then go to a Shrink, and work on fixing it, you'll be better off in the long run dealing with it now.

I agree with the others about ruling out any possibility of physical causes. Because if not you could have it worse and uncurable illnesess like sound Anxiety/Misophonia (Not sure if they're the same thing). There seems to be different levels of it. People have panic attacks, feel anxiety, and can have a wide range of symptoms from psychological, respiratory, cardio and gastrointestial. From the sounds of it, it only seems to get worse over time.

So get it checked out in case there's a solution for your problem.

One of my friends said that it could be because there are usually nedy/chavy (no idea what you would call them in other countries) type people on public transport around here and since I listen to metal/hardcore bands I'm scared their going to hear it and start a fight with me tongue.gif

But yeah that''s what I'm thinking, just don't know what's making me feel like that or whats causing it though. I might get someone to watch my chest on the bus and see if I do start taking shallower breaths or if it is actually all in my head.

Clearly you need regressive hypnosis to find and fix the problem.

• 7 years later...

Hey guys I know it’s been 8 years but this is the first link popped out when I search for it. I have this problem for about 10 years and I recently got diagnosed with severe nasal polyps growing in my nasal cavity. It got so severe because I had a allergic flare when travelling to other country. It blocked most of the nasal airway and it started to suffocate me day and night, symptom aggravate when I wear a headphone because I can hear myself work hard to breath. It is not just psychological, people experience this should definitely see an allergy or ENT doctor for it. This destroyed my past year of life since I couldn’t sleep without breathing therefore I cannot do anything with the right mind. It took me one full year of waiting to see a doctor and even longer to get the surgery. I strongly recommend anyone having this problem to see a doctor and get this solved ASAP. Hope you guys all the best.

Massive thressurection [I can make up any word I like]. As it may be helpful in the future and I think it'd be best it has the relevant past history of information I will allow this.

Welcome to Neowin Lee1470. Thank you for the contribution.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Jim K locked this topic