Everything I download ends up corrupt

Hey fellow Neowinians...

I'm running Windows 7. I have cable with Comcast, an Arris TM722 EMTA for my phone/internet service, and I have a Netgear WNR1000 v2 router. I just recently noticed that when I download anything on my computer, the files end up corrupt. I download Firefox, and the exe file is corrupt. I download something from FileHippo, or any other site, and the file is corrupt. After doing some Google searching, some people recommend that the solution was to change out the router. I did. I had a Linksys before the Netgear. Most other posts are very old and do not pertain to Windows 7. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I've downloaded things in the past using the same setup. The only thing that I can think of is that the problem may have something to do with the EMTA. I did swap out an older Arris 502 EMTA for the newer DOCSIS 3 EMTA. Could that be the problem? Any assistance would be great. Thank you!

Hey fellow Neowinians...

I'm running Windows 7. I have cable with Comcast, an Arris TM722 EMTA for my phone/internet service, and I have a Netgear WNR1000 v2 router. I just recently noticed that when I download anything on my computer, the files end up corrupt. I download Firefox, and the exe file is corrupt. I download something from FileHippo, or any other site, and the file is corrupt. After doing some Google searching, some people recommend that the solution was to change out the router. I did. I had a Linksys before the Netgear. Most other posts are very old and do not pertain to Windows 7. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I've downloaded things in the past using the same setup. The only thing that I can think of is that the problem may have something to do with the EMTA. I did swap out an older Arris 502 EMTA for the newer DOCSIS 3 EMTA. Could that be the problem? Any assistance would be great. Thank you!

I have seen this happen on very rare occasions. And it may actually be ISP related. I had a call last week and they had to replace the tap/drop outside the customers house. Weirdest part was it only affected compressed archives for him. after the parts were replaced he was able to download archives again.

I decided to check out Windows Update to see if there were any updates at all. Nothing was in there that were important updates, but there was one optional update for a driver for my onboard Realtek NIC. I thought I wouldn't even be able to download that. Turns out, it installed fine. I tried to download something, and it worked just fine. Now, again, I'm not sure that it permanently fixed the problem, but I'll keep an eye out.

I decided to check out Windows Update to see if there were any updates at all. Nothing was in there that were important updates, but there was one optional update for a driver for my onboard Realtek NIC. I thought I wouldn't even be able to download that. Turns out, it installed fine. I tried to download something, and it worked just fine. Now, again, I'm not sure that it permanently fixed the problem, but I'll keep an eye out.

Sometimes it can be one if a few things.

1:The server where the file is hosted is either having issues or the file was corrupt when it was put up for download.

2:Your ISP

3: Cache and or cookies issue(clearing them usually fixes the issue)

4: Your memory chip(s) may be having issues thus need to be checked for errors.