Cheap 1080 p TVs

Are they any good ?

I want to buy one for my room... But I don't watch TV alot and ill only use to watch movies from my computer ...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dynex-dynex-40-lcd-hdtv-dx-40l260a12-dx-40l260a12/10165875.aspx?path=7ec3350e391ab8150049acf3cb474d94en02

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7106066&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=10&body=REVIEWS#tabs

These are the cheap ones I have in mind... Any thoughts ? or better options ?

Are they any good ?

I want to buy one for my room... But I don't watch TV alot and ill only use to watch movies from my computer ...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dynex-dynex-40-lcd-hdtv-dx-40l260a12-dx-40l260a12/10165875.aspx?path=7ec3350e391ab8150049acf3cb474d94en02

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7106066&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=10&body=REVIEWS#tabs

These are the cheap ones I have in mind... Any thoughts ? or better options ?

Man, All TV's are cheap now. The TV I bought just a year ago for $3000 is now around $1000, and the 3D version of the TV's are still $300 cheaper than what I paid for my non 3D. Just pony up a small amount, and you can get yourself something big and good.

I've contemplated selling my 55' TV for hopefully $1500, just so I would only have to put down a few couple hundred for a 66' 3D one :p

Man, All TV's are cheap now. The TV I bought just a year ago for $3000 is now around $1000, and the 3D version of the TV's are still $300 cheaper than what I paid for my non 3D. Just pony up a small amount, and you can get yourself something big and good.

I've contemplated selling my 55' TV for hopefully $1500, just so I would only have to put down a few couple hundred for a 66' 3D one :p

I know they are way cheaper than years ago, but I want to be extra cheap because I won't be using it alot. I guess I could make it into my monitor lol...But I thought of taking the plasma from the living room and upgrading to a bigger one for there.

Never heard of either brand, and with electronics you tend to get what you pay for, but if you don't really care as you said, then it should be suffice.

I say those will be good enough, not super great if you watching it all the time and care about perfect everything but the casual watcher, then yeah good enough!

I'll post from experience, go for Samsung or Sony.....

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=1080p+samsung+32&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1418224663696759134&sa=X&ei=81_2TevhGNPAtgfPz4iJBw&ved=0CIsBEPMCMAY

Is that sort of what you are looking for?

Would be easier to help with specs, such as size, plasma - lcd - led preference, and features.

I wish I knew more about HDTVs so I could decide if it's better to spend more and knew exactly what I was getting for more - hence I want to go cheap.

I'll post from experience, go for Samsung or Sony.....

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=1080p+samsung+32&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1418224663696759134&sa=X&ei=81_2TevhGNPAtgfPz4iJBw&ved=0CIsBEPMCMAY

Is that sort of what you are looking for?

Would be easier to help with specs, such as size, plasma - lcd - led preference, and features.

Thanks, size is 37-42 and LCD or LED.

I wish I knew more about HDTVs so I could decide if it's better to spend more and knew exactly what I was getting for more - hence I want to go cheap.

There is a lot. Picture quality though is the most important. A lot of brands have very different picture qualities. Best bet, find a TV you think you like, and research it. Read reviews from everyone and see what the general consensus is. Also, if possible, see if there is a store near you that you can go view the picture quality. Mess with the settings, see if you like what you see. Sound can always be replaced with a receiver, but picture quality you will be stuck with, and as it gets older, will only get worse. So make sure you find one you really like.

A lot of small brands though will use inferior or just shoddy parts that will break and wear easily/quickly. So just do the research on how long they last and read reviews. Don't pay too much attention to the reviews that have petty complaints. Look for the complaints about it breaking in some amount of time or picture quality degrading.

What is the price range you are looking for, min to max.

There is a lot. Picture quality though is the most important. A lot of brands have very different picture qualities. Best bet, find a TV you think you like, and research it. Read reviews from everyone and see what the general consensus is. Also, if possible, see if there is a store near you that you can go view the picture quality. Mess with the settings, see if you like what you see. Sound can always be replaced with a receiver, but picture quality you will be stuck with, and as it gets older, will only get worse. So make sure you find one you really like.

A lot of small brands though will use inferior or just shoddy parts that will break and wear easily/quickly. So just do the research on how long they last and read reviews. Don't pay too much attention to the reviews that have petty complaints. Look for the complaints about it breaking in some amount of time or picture quality degrading.

What is the price range you are looking for, min to max.

Sounds, was reading some reviews earlier.

I want to spend $400-650.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=1080p+Samsung+40%27&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=QLY&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1232807788630077345&sa=X&ei=HmT2TbrPD8-2twemvK2HBw&ved=0CLABEPMCMAY

Heard good things about this one. The picture quality can not really be described, but it will blow you away. Will be like a mini portal to a more crisp and clearer world :p

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=1080p+Samsung+40%27&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=QLY&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1232807788630077345&sa=X&ei=HmT2TbrPD8-2twemvK2HBw&ved=0CLABEPMCMAY

Heard good things about this one. The picture quality can not really be described, but it will blow you away. Will be like a mini portal to a more crisp and clearer world :p

That one cost $700 in my city - Toronto.

If you don't care about picture quality much then those TVs will do just fine for you. Having lived with people who owned both an Insignia and LG 1080p LCD and now owning a Panasonic ST30 myself, picture quality can vary dramatically. Now also keep in mind my Panasonic was about twice the price of my roommates Insignia, though for me it was worth the price but that won't necessarily be the case for everyone. Picture quality isn't even close between the two and the Panasonic pretty much blows the Insignia out of the water with regards to picture quality and while the LG was a good TV it still doesn't really come close.

At the end of the day it's going to be you that's watching it, so find something that you're happy with that fits your price point, as that's all that matters. I probably spent a good 5-10hrs at least of research before I bought my TV and then spent another good while in the actual store comparing it to the others around and asking questions to make sure this is the one I wanted.

That one cost $700 in my city - Toronto.

Would be worth the extra amount, if you care much about picture quality. It is hard to describe how good a picture can be on these tv's.... but it is like looking through a window to a much clearer world lol.

Would be worth the extra amount, if you care much about picture quality. It is hard to describe how good a picture can be on these tv's.... but it is like looking through a window to a much clearer world lol.

I do care, ill see about it.