John Isner & Nicolas Mahut to meet at Wimbledon again

Record-breaking duo John Isner and Nicolas Mahut have been drawn together in the first round of the men's singles at Wimbledon.

The pair played the longest match in tennis history in 2010, taking place over three days, which American Isner won 6-4 3-6 6-7 (7-9) 7-6 (7-3) 70-68.

This year's first-round tie will take place on Tuesday but organisers have yet to allocate a court.

British number one Andy Murray tweeted: "Centre court anyone?!"

Their freak 11-hour-and-five-minute encounter on Court 18 enthralled and captivated audiences around the world, as well as completely rewriting tennis's history books in the process.

After play was suspended at 59-59 because of bad light, the pair played another 19 games before Isner, who had been the 23rd seed, eventually broke Frenchman Mahut's serve before holding out for a truly remarkable victory.

Not only did the duo play the longest set and match ever recorded, they also played the most games in a set and a match, registered the most aces in a match and the most aces by a player.

Isner finished with 112 aces and Mahut 103, easily beating the previous record - held by Croatia's Ivo Karlovic - of 78.

And British number one Andy Murray, who will play world number 56 Daniel Gimeno-Traver in the first round at SW19, said Isner and Mahut deserved a show court for their 2011 encounter.

"Isner vs Mahut drawing each other in the first round after last year is the most amazing thing I've seen in tennis!" he tweeted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13808979.stm

The Wimbledon draw I am beginning to think is fixed. Every single f***ing time, Djokovic and Federer land up in the same side of the draw.

The Wimbledon draw I am beginning to think is fixed. Every single f***ing time, Djokovic and Federer land up in the same side of the draw.

That's how the seeding works. 1st and 4th seed are in the same bracket, 2nd and 3rd seed are in the same bracket.

I don't think we will see a repeat of last year - have they met since Wimbledon last year?

yeah I doubt we will see a repeat but I think it maybe awesome :D

That's how the seeding works. 1st and 4th seed are in the same bracket, 2nd and 3rd seed are in the same bracket.

I fear you are misinformed. 1st and 2nd are in opposite sides of the draw and all seeds after that are drawn completely random, or so the ITF says.

I fear you are misinformed. 1st and 2nd are in opposite sides of the draw and all seeds after that are drawn completely random, or so the ITF says.

I think you're right. I know that it's drawn so the top 4 can't meet until the semifinal round.