Network Adapter Driver Keeps Uninstalling

Got a weird issue on my Dad's PC.

He turns on the computer, browsesthe internet checks his emails etc fine. Then suddenly - sometimes 10 minutes sometimes 10 hours - the PC loses network connectivity. Nothing causes this loss, it just happens on random.

I did a bit of searching, and the Network Adapter (Ethernet, on motherboard) in device manager states that it has 'No drivers installed' in the information box. However, before the PC loses internet connectivity, the drivers are 'Installed and working properly'.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling the drivers to no avail. I also tried disabling and enabling the driver, however when I try to enable the driver, it freezes, the windows 'loading mouse cursor' (that the correct name :p?) appears and nothing happens.

The only way to fix it at the moment is to restart the computer.

Would love some help!

Tim

To the best of my knowledge, drivers don't randomly uninstall themselves. I would say that there is either a program to blame or the hardware is giving up. Have you tried running the various scans on the computer and seeing if it pulls anything up?

Mine does the same also.

Using Windows 7 x64bit.

Motherboard is the Intel Bad Axe.

If I turn the PC off, then turn it back on again after a week or so when I've been on holiday, it won't recongise the network card, I can disable it in network connections and in device manager, then enalbe again and nothing. Reboot the machine and it's fine.

I put it down to a dodgy driver so I installed a new one fresh from Intel but still get the same problems, can't remember off the top of my head whether I installed a 64bit driver or even if it matters.

But I leave my PC on 24/7 and it only gets turned off when I'm on holiday for a week or so