Stuck Pixel on Plasma display

I just picked up a new 3d Plasma display this past weekend, and ran the recommended break in test for 2 days (around 50 hours) before using. Now that I'm finally watching it, I've noticed a single stuck "pixel" in the upper right corner. It isn't always on, but flickers red or some other color every so often. While it isn't extremely noticable, I'm kinda ****ed that I just spent a ton of money on this nice display (it is nice) and have a problem already. I bought it at frys, and they have a 30 day return policy if you're not satisfied, so should I try boxing it up and taking it back? I'm sure I'll probably get some sh*t from them about a single flaky pixel that isn't on all the time.. just usually on dark screens. It seems to be getting better, but I'd probably rather not risk it.

Ideas?

Not sure what Frys (since I don't have one near me) policy on dead pixels is, but some places make you have like 3-5 dead ones before you can exchange/return it. One other thing you might try is massaging the pixel to see if you can make it go.

While it isn't extremely noticable, I'm kinda ****ed that I just spent a ton of money on this nice display (it is nice) and have a problem already. I bought it at frys, and they have a 30 day return policy if you're not satisfied, so should I try boxing it up and taking it back?

Ideas?

I think you answered your own question. I would take it back.

• 2 weeks later...

If you paid the money for a brand new TV then you expect it to be perfect, take it back and if they f*** you around then give them hell :)

There is some rule about replacing screens with faulty pixels, and 1 stuck pixel will not get you an exchange I don't think.

There has to be more than a certain amount of dead pixels to qualify for replacement.

I would try this:

Repair Enhance Maintain

JScreenFix is a software solution that can fix stuck pixels, prevent image persistence and improve the quality of images displayed on a screen.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/