Mango Update Now?

As tempted as I am I'll just wait, if you screw up your on your own. And I paid full retail price for my LG Optimus 7 so no.

Sadly not, you need to make an app and have them verify it before there let you get the update.. soooo lol

Uh incorrect. I have a developer account this way, don't even know how to code an app, and I have Mango.

Uh incorrect. I have a developer account this way, don't even know how to code an app, and I have Mango.

Can I ask how then? Did you need to get GeoTrust first?

No

Here's my create.msdn.com dashboard

RXICI.png

Ohh cool thanks, I was under the impression you had to make an app to get your phone unlocked so you could install Mango and the like..

Ohh cool thanks, I was under the impression you had to make an app to get your phone unlocked so you could install Mango and the like..

Yeah I heard that too. I do do a lot of beta testing for them and have for years, maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know and I'm not complaining, Mango is awesome.

Yeah I heard that too. I do do a lot of beta testing for them and have for years, maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know and I'm not complaining, Mango is awesome.

It might be that, but are you sure you've never unlocked your device in any other way? It could be that. I don't know of anyone else who has been able to install it without being GeoTrust verified. Did it not say anything about the phone needing to be unlocked in the instructions?

Updated on my Samsung Omnia 7 works perfectly! Mango is pretty awesome! :D

2 updates are required, build 7401 (Pre-Mango) and then upgrade to 7661 (Mango)

New and easier way to install - No dev unlock required, no Zune check, no WP Dev SDK check.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1149265

:yes:

WARNING!!! Make sure you SAVE the backup it makes, as there is no upgrade path from Beta Mango to RTM. You need to revert to the backup before an upgrade path to Mango RTM.

New and easier way to install - No dev unlock required, no Zune check, no WP Dev SDK check.

WARNING!!! Make sure you SAVE the backup it makes, as there is no upgrade path from Beta Mango to RTM. You need to revert to the backup before an upgrade path to Mango RTM.

Yer working really nice on my Samsung Omnia 7 also.. Is it September its going RTM do you know?

Yer working really nice on my Samsung Omnia 7 also.. Is it September its going RTM do you know?

Providing all goes OK, yup September ;)

That's only if you're a student who can verify identity, not for the general public.

Actually you just need a .edu email address, which you can get by being a curent or former student, or a college faculty or staff member (that's me) and get in. That's a large percentage of the population.

Do we need to have the new SDK installed for this to work? Just want to make sure before I update a friends phone.

Do we need to have the new SDK installed for this to work? Just want to make sure before I update a friends phone.

Yes.

No dev unlock required, no Zune check, no WP Dev SDK check.

Yes.

No dev unlock required, no Zune check, no WP Dev SDK check.

So which is it? I'm assuming we don't but don't want to wreck a mates phone because I'm too lazy to verify.

So which is it? I'm assuming we don't but don't want to wreck a mates phone because I'm too lazy to verify.

Oh my bad, I thought we were talking about the official way to update, which does require the updated SDK. I guess the XDA way doesn't.

I updated.. Mango is freaking amazing. Too many goodies to list, but my favorite is the people hub update with history shown under each user - makes communicating and tracking everything very easy - from missed calls to SMS to Messenger and facebook updates.

I haven't been able to get facebook chat to work, page shows up blank and twitter integration i haven't figured out how to turn on if available yet in this build

Twitter isn't on yet, that's probably a server side thing and not a Mango, phone thing that MS has to turn on.

Facebook chat works for me now, no errors. I did do a reset of my phone and also installed Facebook 2.0 since installing Mango the XDA way. Amazing OS this Mango! :)