PAL F-zero too slow?

I think thats a very expensive solution for the average person i can confirm that the US f zero gx works at 60hz full screen on my pal gamecube on my sony ntsc compatiable signal tv as does soul caliber2 and mario golf as does everygame i've tried.

The problem with the Jap version of f zero gx was to do with Jap fonts not displaying not actual game engine

I have always bought import systems before but I am happy with pal cube/freeloader combo as it's the same at least for me and my tv set-up and any game I've bought so far.

Edited by fatherted

I think thats a very expensive solution for the average person i can confirm that the US f zero gx works at 60hz full screen on my pal gamecube on my sony ntsc compatiable signal tv as does soul caliber2 and mario golf as does everygame i've tried.

The problem with the Jap version of f zero gx was to do with Jap fonts not displaying not actual game engine

I have always bought import systems before but I am happy with pal cube/freeloader combo as it's the same at least for me and my tv set-up and any game I've bought so far.

i thought fzero didnt work on free loader and pal gc :huh:

it didnt work properly, in-game displays and menus were missing but if u use an action replay which incorporates the freeloader, you can enter a code to fix it :)

If your TV is capable of RGB input, forget Freeloader or Action replay, just buy a US NTSC Gamecube and a SCART RGB lead and sell your PAL crap. If your TV is RGB capable it doesnt need to be NTSC. RGB has no TV standard. Its signal doesnt need converting. So it will work without no question.

Believe me, once you have made the change to NTSC, you will see what all the fuss is about. If you can upgrade your TV at some point, do so. The one I recommend above is the same one I have and is currently best CRT TV out there.

I have had several Bonus Disks by preordering stuff from the USA, plus most recently received a Soul Calibur 2 T-Shirt with my game. Also I shall also get another Bonus Disk with Mario Kart Double Dash!!

I give up but will say this one more time if your tv can handle a ntsc signal there will be no difference whatsoever if you use a pal cube/freeloader combo or a US cube when playing a ntsc game. I own an imported US snes, US playstation 1, JAP saturn, US N64 and Asian Dreamcast so I appreciate a game that runs full screen at 60 hz but the pal cube/freeloader combo does this on every game I have tried 100% identically as an imported NTSC cube would do. PAL cubes are in fact dual PAL/NTSC consoles, for once nintendo have done euro gamers a favour after years of treating us like rubbish - however many PAL releases are not optimised to take advantage of 60hz option that is why it is safer to buy an ntsc game and use the freeloader. Just trying to save you time and bother , obviously you can buy imported games at same time as every one else, I have no idea what point my friend and his t shirt is trying to make!!

However dont a freeloader buy an action reply I got mine ?17.99 delievered from www.play.com

US fzero gx available at ?37.99 +?2.00 P&P here......

http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/id=69667980&ssPageName=L2

Edited by fatherted

many PAL releases are not optimised to take advantage of 60hz option that is why it is safer to buy an ntsc game and use the freeloader.

fatherted, I agree with your Freeloader speech. But the problem with Freeloader is that if Nintedo find out a chink in Freeloader's armour to stop it from playing imports then your screwed. You then have to reinvest more money in a new version when DATEL work out how to get round Nintendo's new protection etc.

You even mention that all your consoles are in fact NTSC. Why did you buy those if it wasnt because they are better?

We just had nintendo demo disk for our pod in today and there is Fzero demo on it and there was no PAL 60 mode on it, but Viewfull joe ( however it spelt ) Has it Rebils strikes on there and that aint got it too ! Bummer realy but viewfull jos is feccing ace, love it. realy fast and very cool game. Fzero is good but its not as good as i expected it to be.

You even mention that all your consoles are in fact NTSC. Why did you buy those if it wasnt because they are better?

I opted for ntsc consoles before because the equivalent PAL consoles didn't have a 60hz option - the PAL cube does.

I play US f zero gx on my PAL cube at 60hz full screen. If pal f zero doesn't have 60hz option then buy US version and action reply - simple

Ok, I may have missed it, and If I did I appologise:

Is the PAL version slower or not?

Yes the PAL version IS slower.

Solutions:

Freeloader/Action Replay and a USA copy of F-Zero which in turn wil lproduce a PAL 60 signal

or

buy an NTSC GC with a NTSC compatible TV or a PAL TV with RGB SCART and lead.