YouTube and Opera (lagging problems)

The problem is:

Since I've been trying to use Opera, the same error keeps on happening through all its updates.

When I'm watching some video on YouTube and I move my pointer around, the audio is being played, but the video playback gets frozen and won't stop freezing until I click the Play button area.

I tried to update my videocard but it's no good. This problem's only happening in Opera; all the other browsers play YouTube just fine though.

What do you guys think the problem is?

Have you tried updating Flash, deleting its cache/temporary files, and resetting permissions?

Have you tried emptying your browser's cache/temp files?

Yup... I cleaned my browser's cache and temp files... I even tried uninstalling it and installing it again.

But the thing about Flash is something I didn't think of... how can I do that on Opera?

Thank you!

That is one of the reasons i stopped using Opera. All other browsers handle youtube video fine except random times Opera would cut out on the video. Anyone else have the issue or know how to fix it?

Have you tried to uninstall Opera, and then re-install? A problem might continue to exist even with upgrading.

I have no problems with youtube and Opera

Yup... I cleaned my browser's cache and temp files... I even tried uninstalling it and installing it again.

But the thing about Flash is something I didn't think of... how can I do that on Opera?

Thank you!

Not sure if you can do so from within the browser, but if you open up Control Panel, you should see Flash Player listed. From there you can clean out the temporary files and cache.

Not sure if you can do so from within the browser, but if you open up Control Panel, you should see Flash Player listed. From there you can clean out the temporary files and cache.

Yup, just did it from the Control Panel. The problem still occurs.

:/

Have you tried to uninstall Opera, and then re-install? A problem might continue to exist even with upgrading.

I have no problems with youtube and Opera

I have. I've also deleted folders to avoid preferences from being loaded again. And voil?: there the problem is.

The issue must be the videocard model and Opera, since some users state that their browsing experience is normal.

I get this problem too.

This MAY have something to do with the fact that it's the last browser which has the "Click to activate" protection due to the Eolas patent. MS had it dropped in IE following a settlement. Firefox was spared due to its open source nature (anyone could make a fork and patch it back in), and the same for the Webkit browsers.

I'm not sure if Flash hardware acceleration has an effect. Perhaps this problem may go away when Opera introduces hardware acceleration for all draw operations in the browser.

Alternatively, it could be Flash at fault. As a quick test, I noticed that the video stops and stutters on my laptop if I bring up a menu. This occurs on Opera and IE9.

Giving this a try. This appears to be a patch that removes Click to Activate, and is recently updated.

http://my.opera.com/XAntares/blog/xanocta

edit: Works great, Click to Activate is gone. For the patch, extract the contents to a user-writable folder, and copy opera.dll into that folder and apply the patch. The patch failed when I tried running it from the Opera installation folder.

I get this problem too.

This MAY have something to do with the fact that it's the last browser which has the "Click to activate" protection due to the Eolas patent. MS had it dropped in IE following a settlement. Firefox was spared due to its open source nature (anyone could make a fork and patch it back in), and the same for the Webkit browsers.

I'm not sure if Flash hardware acceleration has an effect. Perhaps this problem may go away when Opera introduces hardware acceleration for all draw operations in the browser.

Alternatively, it could be Flash at fault. As a quick test, I noticed that the video stops and stutters on my laptop if I bring up a menu. This occurs on Opera and IE9.

Hummm... It is a very plausible cause.

Have you tried installing this patch? I'm on it right now!

Should also add, although the patch lists a 11.50 build as the last tested version, it also works on the latest Opera Next build.

Issue solved:

Moved to Pale Moon (Firefox improved).

:D

i don't see how moving to a fork of firefox is going to solve the issue. Flash has a nasty habit of acting up(wish adobe would rewrite the darn thing to solve the issue)

To the op: are you running the latest flash version and or opera version?

i don't see how moving to a fork of firefox is going to solve the issue. Flash has a nasty habit of acting up(wish adobe would rewrite the darn thing to solve the issue)

To the op: are you running the latest flash version and or opera version?

The thing is: I have everything up-to-date.

How moving to Pale moon would solve the issue? YouTube works. Period.

I have always loved Firefox, but the latest builds are cluttered and laggy to me (be them stable or nightly). Pale Moon has showed me that Firefox COULD be faster and more fluid.

I was giving Opera a try 'cause I couldn't stand Firefox's laggy behavior. Now that I got to know Pale Moon, I could go back.

And abandoned Opera.

Simple as it is.

I don't mean to be rude, please. I just think that Opera failed my purposes. It's a great browser, I recognize that.

That is one of the reasons i stopped using Opera. All other browsers handle youtube video fine except random times Opera would cut out on the video. Anyone else have the issue or know how to fix it?

I've never had this problem. Are you using 11.50?

• 3 weeks later...

funny I never had a problem with Opera and youtube, the reason I switched to Opera was because watching video on youtube with Firefox was very hit and miss, sometimes it was too stuttery and was much better with Opera 11.5

Opera just handles flash terribly

Go watch videos on steam's site on their game pages, itll make a tab unresponsive. Im completely updated on flash n everything to. If i go watch one of those steam vids, itll bug out a tab maybe 50% of the time i try to, making me load a new one. Youtube is slow as well. Operas great for basic stuff, but i wouldnt use it for anythin where dependability is needed.

Thank you!

It happens to me always; you are not the only one.