The New PowerBooks

Just saw the new PowerBooks, they sure made me wish I waited for them before I bought mine. Any idea when we'll see them in the Apple Stores?

Tech Specs

Now I have to wait till next year to get the educational discount. :no:

i have a 800mhz TiBook - so for now i'm totally fine. those updated specs are real nice, and i wish i could have that model with the backlit keyboard, faster RAM, bigger HD, etc etc ... but i won't upgrading for a while. maybe a year from now or so i'll get the next Rev. of the 15" AlBook - but it's not worth selling my current notebook, and investing another grand or so.

that wireless keyboard on the other hand ... here i come :)

It's not standard though is the point I was making...

backlit keyboard is a $69 / ?50 / ?72.60 option on the 1GHz 15" one...

Except if you want a French keyboard where it appears to be a no extra cost in Ireland! Now, that MUST be a typo!

Edited by Pilsbury

Its much better value to get the 15" with the superdrive and remove the superdrive. As you get more ram, a larger hard disk and an airport card and the keyboard.

Lol, why would you want to remove the superdrive???

I don't need the superdrive and I think the Combo writes cds quicker.

Also I have a PC with a DVD rw so no need for another

I have been waiting for this day for 4 and a half months now.. I am so excited!!!!! I am going to go place my order. Although, now I am tempted to get the 15 with combo instead of 12 with super.... grrr, this is too much....

I don't need the superdrive and I think the Combo writes cds quicker.

Also I have a PC with a DVD rw so no need for another

I think under 5 minutes to write a CD is fine...

It's not as if you'll be mass-producing them on a laptop...

I have been waiting for this day for 4 and a half months now.. I am so excited!!!!! I am going to go place my order. Although, now I am tempted to get the 15 with combo instead of 12 with super.... grrr, this is too much....

man you should go for the 15" PB!! backlit keyboard is so cool!!!!!! you'll definitely regret it if you don't get this feature!!

12" is just too small man..

man you should go for the 15" PB!! backlit keyboard is so cool!!!!!! you'll definitely regret it if you don't get this feature!!

12" is just too small man..

Well I want something I can take to class, and not get in other people's way when at the table. That is the original reason I wanted a 12, so I was just waiting for them to make them faster, which they did. But now seeing the new 15's, I am really impressed, so I am thinking about going with that. The backlit keyboard is definetly a nice feature. If you were sitting at a small table with other people, does your 15 seem to big? Like it would get in the way of other people? This is the only thing I am worried about. If I got the 15, I would have to go with just the base system, and then add RAM later, but still, I would have it for now. What do you think?

PS, are you getting one, selling yours? Or is it not worth it to you since yours is already at 1g. Although, they are now using ddr, so ?

I just got back from school and boy was I glad when you guys told me I was first- but I guess I wasn't :rofl:

thetman, jagedEdge, fusion and all you other guys getting a new PB- I'm happy for you, enjoy. :laugh:

This announcement makes me regret buying my 12" PB and iPod three weeks ago. Just think, if I waited, I could've gotten the 15" Al PB(which was what I was actually waiting for) AND 20GB iPod. :no:

But seriously, I love my PB, maybe in 5 years I'd be able to get me a G5 PB and a 120GB iPod(!).

Edited by chris_rv

I think the PB G5 will come out 1st Quarter, '05;

fusion, I am a bit partial (or rather was) to the new 15" Al PB- for the larger screen, of course. My 12" PB on the other hand is perfect for lugging around to class.

When do you think the new PB's will be in the Apple stores? I hear the 15" and 17" will be first followed by the 12".

If you remember the G5's were announced at MWSF and only got to stores much later.