Quickmark shows off real time barcode scanning on Mango

QuickMark, who makes a cross-platform barcode scanning app, and which already has an app in the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace, have uploaded this video showing an updated version of their app for Mango which allows real time scanning, much more straightforward than the current version which requires one to take a picture first.

The speed looks great, nice Camera API for devs to play with.

WOW certainly is quick, quicker than my android apps at finding the QR codes anyway.

Did you really have to take a picture before and then process it to scan bar/QR codes??

Not on my phone, just open the app, point the camera at the code and it beeps and displays the message / link from the code - infact the camera barely has a chance to show the code on the screen before it displays the message

I have "i-Nigma" barcode scanner on my ancient HTC Touch Diamond that can read those codes quicker than that lol

Isn't that nice, of course it's up to the app itself on how fast it processes the codes.

WOW certainly is quick, quicker than my android apps at finding the QR codes anyway.

Did you really have to take a picture before and then process it to scan bar/QR codes??

Try Barcode Scanner then. It is just as fast.