If asteriods don't get us, the volcano will....

Where is my 'OMG old news is so exciting' pic?

The original writer of that 'news' article (considering the content, it should be called an olds article) was obviously more concerned with selling copy than pursuing clear and truthful reporting of the facts.

First outright lie - 'revealed yesterday' - scientists have known about this fact for years and years...heck, I saw a TV show on it years ago.

Making an about face, the reporter then states 'Vulcanologists have long known about the potential and explosive danger of the sleeping beast'.

'The latest warning about a future eruption came from Professor Bill McGuire' - which means the reported called this guy up and said 'do you want to be in the paper? then gimme a story that will sell copy'.

'The latest shocking discovery comes after experts revealed earlier this year that some volcanoes previously considered dormant were still active.' - ambigious and nearly off topic, definately does not pertain to the subject matter at hand (scientists know that Yellowstone sits on top of a magma plume and it is not likely for that entire massive plume to just dissapear...).

Basically, while the basics of the story are true, don't worry about the dire 'spin' this jerk added to the story.

If your time is up your time is up.

If the volcano is gonna give, it is gonna give...worrying about it is just about the most pointless thing a person can do with their existance. Why not worry about the killer asteriod that nobody has noticed yet and is only two weeks from Earth? Or the next great disease that is gonna kill 2/3 of the population, cripple 1/4 and leave the rest stark raving mad (was that Douglas Adams?). Or worry about the earths magnetic field changing directions (and for a brief time exposing the Earth to the suns full barage of particles and rays...not very nice for electronic equipment or exposed creatures.

So much stuff to worry about, there is no sense worrying about it. Live the best life you can, and live like it is the last day..don't go to bed angry!

G

Bleh...im with the guy above me [G] why put sooo much effort in to worrying about the inevitable?

Asteroid or Volcano? so you die a little bit more excited...you could die right now of some crazy car accident or something

but just take my point across...you worry and worry and worry about something this isnt GUARNTEED...but you dont worry and worry and worry about something this is GUARNTEED...your eventual DEATH...so really you delay the inevitable through life only to come to it :ninja:

so just :party: hard and get some chicks...sleep at night...wake up and come on Neowin and then get some chicks :) sleep party neowin...its all good :)

PS: Life is easily taken away from you...live it and love it...

Peace...

Do the math. Probability of you dieing by the event described above is far more less than you dieing by an accident. Pick one, getting squished by a car (without it being your fault), tripping and falling on ur head giving a fatal blow to ur skull, getting electricuted, hepatitis (girl i knew died within half a day of getting sick), AIDS (if u screw like rabbits) :sleep:

• 6 months later...