First Tango builds spotted in the wild?

Tezawaly from Nanapho.jp reports that a variety of Windows Phone 7 builds are starting to show up in the wild.

The ?Dude, where?s my update?? app is logging 7711,7712,7715,7717,7718,7720, and most interestingly 7.10.8200.

This build, which is likely from a completely different branch of Windows Phone 7 development, may be Windows Phone 7 Tango, which is expected to bring improvements such as better enterprise manageability, Skype integration and possibly even IE10.

Tango was leaked in a Digitimes article from June 28th and is expected to be an interim release between Mango and Windows Phone 8 code named Apollo.

http://nanapho.jp/archives/2011/07/unknown-build-7-10-8200-newer-than-rtm/

Wow. It's exciting to see Microsoft diving right into the next update.

But isn't 8200 a big jump from 7720?

Maybe time travel is part of the next WP7 update?

Wow. It's exciting to see Microsoft diving right into the next update.

But isn't 8200 a big jump from 7720?

It sure sounds like it, the rumor is that Tango will be a big "entertainment" centered update compared to Mango which is more of a API and dev related update, though it does bring with it a good chunk of front-end user features too.

Either way , if that's accurate then it shows how quick MS is working on WP7 updates and that 2012 should be exciting as well.

Actually, I guess it does make sense, because that would make the difference between Mango and the start of Tango 500, and wasn't the difference between NoDo (7200) and Mango 7700 500?

It's definitely exciting.

Actually, I guess it does make sense, because that would make the difference between Mango and the start of Tango 500, and wasn't the difference between NoDo (7200) and Mango 7700 500?

It's definitely exciting.

Hmm, I don't remember what build NoDo started as, but it's 7390 now (but that could've been due to the delays and adding more things so maybe).

Either way we'll have to wait and see what this brings, I'm expecting deeper skydrive support for media playback/streaming, so that mp3s and vids show up in the zune hub and not just documents support in the office hub.

If a Tango build is floating now it would mean both Mango and Tango have been gettign developed at the same time. If that is the case then you can't look at the build number and say it is too high. As there may have been a lot of Tango compiles already. Doesn't mean they were released. If MS is an Agile shop builds are done nightly or quicker.