Skype 5.3 for Mac

Skype 5.3 for Mac

Today we have released Skype 5.3 for Mac.

Key updates for the newly released build, 5.3.0.1074, are:

• Updated contact list view
  • New contact grid view
  • Support for OS X Lion
  • Minor improvements

Updated contact list view

Contacts are listed in Name, Favorites, Status, Tags (formerly Group) and Location allowing users to find contacts easily. Also you can easily add a contact as Favorites.

New contact grid view

We have improved contact grid view optimized for calling.

We recommend that everyone download to the newly released build. Please let us know what you think about Skype for Mac by visiting our Skype Support Network and leaving us your feedback, or in case you notice some glitches then please report it on our issue tracker, see Issue Reporting Guide on how to report issues.

Release Notes for newly release build, 5.3.0.1074, are:

New Features and Enhancements

• Updated contact list view
  • New contact grid view
  • Support for OS X Lion
  • Minor improvements

Source/more information: Skype Garage blog

Download: Skype 5.3.0.1074 for OS X

Well, what can I say, it's still crap.

Too bad, because I prefer the one-window-layout. They just... got it completely wrong. :(

Well, what can I say, it's still crap.

Too bad, because I prefer the one-window-layout. They just... got it completely wrong. :(

They wanted to make the Windows and Mac clients look alike... If they insist, fine. But in order to do it properly, they could have simply done what they do on Windows and allow the user to CHOOSE which view they prefer.

I can't believe they've totally ignored all of the user complaints (even the 500+ comments on their own blog) and still haven't done anything about it.

They wanted to make the Windows and Mac clients look alike... If they insist, fine. But in order to do it properly, they could have simply done what they do on Windows and allow the user to CHOOSE which view they prefer.

I can't believe they've totally ignored all of the user complaints (even the 500+ comments on their own blog) and still haven't done anything about it.

This...

It's WAY beyond ridiculous!

Hopefully Microsoft will breath some new "old" air into the Skype GUI...

Glassed Silver:mac