You play too much. ^ lol. Wow.10.3 years for Prestiege 3?!

I've only put in 71 hours so far. Compared to previous games I've played, it's not that much. For example, I've put in over 200 hours in Black Ops.

Damn, Anaron. Thats really impressive

Dang Anaron, I thought I was doing well. I guess I do ok considering I play hardcore exclusively (hence the 7 hours played of non hardcore). We should team up and wreck some people.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vkyfsg.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm down to team up, spedanden. I should warn you though... I only play team deathmatch. I find it's a little too easy to die in hardcore mode.

Anyway, I've added you as a friend. (Y)

I'm going to miss Black Ops' "Gun Game", "Sticks and Stones", "One in the Chamber" and "Sharpshooter" public modes (they're private-only in MW3 :/).

I managed to bring my K/D ratio to 2.62 (up from 2.54) on the 15th. It was at 2.63 but I had a couple of bad games. I also finished the Stay Sharp spec ops mission in 21.3 seconds. It's extremely difficult to get a time below 22 seconds.

fmqgdx.png

I'm going to miss Black Ops' "Gun Game", "Sticks and Stones", "One in the Chamber" and "Sharpshooter" public modes (they're private-only in MW3 :/).

Me too. For awhile, I didn't even know 'One in the Chamber' and 'Gun Game' were private match-exclusive modes. I only discovered it when I noticed a friend of mine playing it on Xbox Live. So far, I've only played it when a lot of my friends are online. And when I'm not playing that, I'm playing Team Deathmatch.

Two new maps were released today: Liberation and Piazza. The former is more open than the other maps which is a good thing. And the latter is full of narrow pathways which makes it a run-and-gunner's dream. I like Liberation more than Piazza but I hate the way it looks. It looks like someone spilled orange paint all over the map.

• 3 weeks later...

The graphics are outdated because they're using the same game engine, as far as I am aware. Unless they come out with a new engine they won't be able to have mindblowing graphics in their games, though they chose against a new engine for Modern Warfare 3. I don't know why, but I believe the official explanation was that they were familiar with what they are using, and can make a better game that way. It is a winning formula for them though, mainly because of the Call of Duty branding. The franchise will continue to sell well as long as it is promoted as heavily as it is, rather than sales based upon the game quality. It'll probably be good enough though.

Because half the team that wrote the COD engine left with the original infinity ward team that got axed to go form respawn http://www.respawn.com ?

Only the two founders got the axe from IW, everyone else on the team quit under there own powers.

Indeed, You're correct, but the point still stands on the engine.

It will be interesting to see Respawns first game though.

Indeed, You're correct, but the point still stands on the engine.

It will be interesting to see Respawns first game though.

I guess that explains why MW3's graphics look a little different than MW2. When I first played it, I immediately noticed how different things looked and felt. The animations were noticeably different and the image quality seemed like it was barely improved. I noticed it even more in the PC version.

Anaron. Where is your new improved K/D chart? :shiftyninja:

My next goal is 2.75. :p

312tu3c.png

• Like 1

It looks worse than MW1. :( (Played during the free weekend on Steam).

Okay, it doesn't look that bad. Call of Duty 4 had great graphics back in 2007. I remember playing it again right after the release of MW2 and the graphics were noticeably inferior.

As a disclaimer, yes, I have played the game several times and have thus formulated my own opinion on it. I'm not just pulling this out of my ass.

The graphics definitely aren't great, but the biggest thing I have an issue with is the lack of effort. Lackluster models and animations, poor textures, and most importantly terrible sounds. They're just horrible and without a doubt in my mind synthetic and/or heavily edited.

I'm not sure why they decided to do a 180 with this release. The past games despite being an arcade shooter were for the most part fairly realistic. This game is just so far out there in it's approaches to gameplay and presentation. I'm not sure it can even be called Call of Duty anymore. I actually played a few rounds of Black Ops (would have played CoD 2 or MW1 but the convenience of Steam was there) just to get a quick Call of Duty fix.

The past games despite being an arcade shooter were for the most part fairly realistic.

Hmm yes, dual wielding lever action shotguns in MW2 was certainly very realistic!

Does anyone know when the DLC maps will be released on Xbox 360 for everyone that doesn't have elite premium? As of right now, there's now been 3 maps released. Even ps3 users don't have the new maps yet. I don't want an elite premium account, and I have MS Points burning a hole in my account to get this stuff lol.

Does anyone know when the DLC maps will be released on Xbox 360 for everyone that doesn't have elite premium? As of right now, there's now been 3 maps released. Even ps3 users don't have the new maps yet. I don't want an elite premium account, and I have MS Points burning a hole in my account to get this stuff lol.

I read somewhere that Activision will make a 3-map bundle for non-subscribers in March.

Hmm yes, dual wielding lever action shotguns in MW2 was certainly very realistic!

I wasn't counting Modern Warfare 2. That game was almost as bad as this one. No recoil, dual wielding shotguns...don't even get me started.

Also, feel free to re-read where I said "most part".

I read somewhere that Activision will make a 3-map bundle for non-subscribers in March.

I see. I'm really only interested in 2 of the 3 maps, so I'm not sure, but thanks for the update. Still too long to wait. Mass Effect 3 will be out in March, so my MW3 time will be dropping drastically.

• 4 weeks later...

Now how' your K/D doing, Anaron?

Modern Warfare 3 DLC Pack Out

Xbox 360 owners can now get their hands on the Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #1 pack, a compilation of all the Call of Duty Elite content that has already been released.

As we outlined earlier this month, the Content Collection #1 pack contains four competitive multiplayer maps and two new Spec Ops missions, which makes it the largest DLC pack Activision has offered to date. Activision wasn't willing to name a price for the pack before today, but players will be happy to hear that the pack costs $15, the same as Modern Warfare 2 DLC packs. If you're still not sold, or want to know more about what the pack entails, check out the trailer below.

There's still no word on when the Content Collection #1 pack will be available on PS3 and PC.

Source

It's still at 2.69. It's getting harder and harder to bring it up. Anyway, I haven't tried the new spec ops maps yet but the new MP map (Black Box) is a lot of fun. It's great for sniping which is something I rarely do in MW3. I'm glad they finally made a good sniper-friendly map. The other sniper-friendly map with the orange leaves (Liberation?) isn't good at all.