Zune regional availability chart released

Zune Player needs to be made available worldwide too. Users want the full access just like they were used to on the iDevice...

yeah, that's the Zune player, aka the zune version of the iPod, and it's pretty much a dead platform. it's all becoming the Windows Phone now.

they don't mention anything about Zune music though.

One thing I realized when I installed the Mango and now this version is that the music store is now available for Canada. This is why I thought the player part was the "Music" part.

yeah, that's the Zune player, aka the zune version of the iPod, and it's pretty much a dead platform. it's all becoming the Windows Phone now.

they don't mention anything about Zune music though.

The Zune Marketplace column refers to music and video. That's why there's a separate column for apps.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to Zune Pass in which case it's not clear.

Canada???

I'm guessing that the Marketplace doesn't include Zunepass or music.

Can anyone confirm??

The marketplace now includes music. I haven't tried to sign up for a zune pass just yet but if it is available, you can count on my signing up!

The marketplace now includes music. I haven't tried to sign up for a zune pass just yet but if it is available, you can count on my signing up!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot:

Holy crap!! Gonna check it out when I get home!!!

*fingers crossed*

MS changed the name of the Zune Pass to Zune Music Pass. I think this means they could be getting ready to do a Zune Video Pass as well?

Right now at least Zune market place does not mean access to both movies and music.

Norway has had Zune Movies on the xbox a while, but I don't think we had it in the zune software. the new version now works fully with the social integration, and marketplace, however there's only the movies and specials categories there, no music.

hoping this changes before Mango, but I don't care much, I have Wimp and will use that or Spotify for my WP7 music anyway now :/

It seems like India and some other places will have to wait for the Tango update to get more Zune access/features.

When mango is out and the marketplace updates I'm thinking I'll be changing my live ID that's tied to Xbox and Zune from a US one over to one in Greece so I can finally buy apps now (since it doesn't seem like they'll let us use MS points to get apps and games on WP7 anytime soon).

You can already buy Apps in the supported nations. the app tab in the zune marketplace works just fine in Norway now. So you can change over and have full access to the stuff you didn't now. not sure about the stuff on the phone yet since that may not work untill Mango, but most of this should be server side. but at least I can share my documents and stuff now.

That's good to know, I'll look into migrating my account later this month then.

India sticks out like a sore thumb in the App Marketplace column. Seems a bit silly to leave out such a potentially huge market.

It's not silly. We are still a poor nation and a 4th world country. The Politicians make it that much difficult to procure required licenses.

When you say, its just a potential. But most peeps walking down the road or discussing in a train ride brag about having the latest nokias.

That's good to know, I'll look into migrating my account later this month then.

Is that possible? As of earlier in the year there was no way to change the country on a Live ID which meant that anyone who had set there's to US to play with the Zune software when it was first released was unable to use that account to access services in their own country once they became available. Although there were lots of complaints Microsoft didn't seem interested in doing anything about it. I assumed the same would apply to people trying to migrate purchases from one account to another.

It's not silly. We are still a poor nation and a 4th world country. The Politicians make it that much difficult to procure required licenses.

When you say, its just a potential. But most peeps walking down the road or discussing in a train ride brag about having the latest nokias.

Sorry, I meant that there was potential for Microsoft, not potential for India. I wasn't suggesting that Indian's don't have access to or don't purchase the latest gadgets.

You can't do it through Zune but the option to migrate an account is there for any Xbox Live user, and since I have the same Live ID for both (this is automatic actually) then moving my Xbox Live account takes Zune with it.

Hmm, no, you can't migrate live accounts. My gf just troed moving hers from sweden to norway. Only way is through a new account.

You can actually migrate from US to a few countries. I've seen that a few days ago.

Edit: here it is http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Press/archive/2010/1012-AcctMigrationFaq

You can actually migrate from US to a few countries. I've seen that a few days ago.

Edit: here it is http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Press/archive/2010/1012-AcctMigrationFaq

There you go, like I said, you have to do it through Xbox Live, though you have to hunt down the above link.