Outlook 2011 Mac Login Keychain

Hey everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with Outlook for Mac 2011. It continuously keeps asking for the login keychain. This happens every time it receives an email.

I've tried leaving the keychain unlocked but the problem persists. Has anyone else experienced this problem / has a solution?

It's unbelievably annoying... and I've tried googling but not much in the way of actual solutions...

Thanks,

Medking

Hmm, that's strange.

This issue seems to be Mac authentication related. It asks for specifically the computer's password, as opposed to an email addresses password in particular. I find it most bizarre, and unbelievably irritating.

I'll continue searching the internet for a fix and let you know what I find. If anyone else has comments or solutions please let me know!

Ok, I found a solution:

"The first thing to try is "Keychain Access" menu > "Keychain First Aid". That will offer to check your keychain for problems and possibly fix them.

If that doesn't resolve it, and if you have not explicitly added secure notes, custom certificates, or are otherwise are not even sure what keychain does yet, then there may be an easy solution for you. Just go to Keychain's "Preferences" dialog and click the "Reset Keychain" button. If prompted, allow Keychain to synchronize with your login password. Then, the next time your email application prompts you to enter a password do so and choose to allow Keychain to save it. You may need to do this for both the sending and receiving servers. That should solve the issue. Note that this will move your old keychain aside and create a new "clean" one.

Although that solution is rather generic for all Keychain issues, I have also experienced one specific reason that Keychain will frequently request a password. This occurs if you have created or opened additional keychains other than the default "login" keychain. If you have been playing with keychain and have created a second keychain or opened a keychain copied from another Mac, then try closing that keychain and see if the issue goes away."

From here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3055347?start=0&tstart=0

Seems to have worked so far. So if anyone else is experiencing this then try the above. The First Aid worked for me. I had no idea First Aid for Keychain even existed!

Medking