Which is the most Elegant / Ugliest Mobile OS?

Smartphone OS only.  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Most Elegant?

• Windows Phone 7
    • iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry OS
    • WebOS
    • Symbian
    • Meego
  2. 2. Most Ugly?

• Windows Phone 7
    • iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry OS
    • WebOS
    • Symbian
    • Meego

Dont just quote what you like :)

Innovative.

Elegant? ...

It's quite obvious tastefulness is a matter of preference, there didn't appear to be a need to quote the entire thing :whistle: The UI itself isn't exactly innovative, just a straight evolution of Microsoft's exisiting designs, a lot from Zune. A lot of people consider it elegant because it is unusually simple, and it is effective to the point that most of the UI is actual content, to the point and easy to use.

I considered iOS the most elegant and android the ugliest from my use (I only based this on what I have used in person which is iOS, android and WP7) and this is coming from someone who owns an android phone.

I like a little of them all... wp7 looked ugly in vids and screenshots but up close with it and it looked much better. good thing mango came along and added features that should have been in there at launch. oh well better late then never. I kinda want one but for media I want a droid becuase of more media options and a company is working on a very awesome media streaming/offline music player... when it comes out I might get a droid. I'm big on music and I don't really care for zune software or using any 3rd party software for music transfer I like to just stick em on folder on and SD card and not mess with BS that apple has you go through. yuck. the lack of an sd card and the itunes crap is the reason i don't have an iphone. too bad I didn't play with the wp7 device long enough to dig deep into the media options.... too bad they also don't work with page plus here. only droids, samsung's os, and symbian are known to work 100%

anyone have any luck getting a wp7 on page plus please let me know.

Changing icons doesn't really help how dreadful it's laid out, works and still uses bland matte gradients and pastel colours everywhere and that vile font they've always used. Admittedly it's a hand up over 'hey guys transparency is the new thing, lets release whole OS based around it' blackberry tactic that just looks like a constantly badly made photoshop design.

Whos taking about changing only icons?

Have you seen the Symbian version on N97 when it was released.

They took a Symbian S60 non-touch feature phone and portrayed it to a touch phone.

And we all know it won't work and it didn't either.

What I am saying is that Symbian has grown quite machour since that.

I used N97 when it was released and now I used E7 with Belle and you can tell what is the difference within couple of minutes.

WP7 is the most elegant for me and Microsoft have won design awards for the Metro UI. The most ugly has to be iOS, how long is Apple going to continue use the same tired old interface?

I am intrigued by the wording of this poll, since the first word I used to describe my BB Bold and the updated OS was "elegant". It's just simple and clean and functional and everything I need. So I chose it, even though I know lots of people disagree with that. It's my personal favourite of the lot.

I agree that Symbian is the worst, with iOS coming in behind it. I don't think Apple will change it anytime soon though--it works, it's what people are used to, and it's the most widely recognised.

I've had the chance to use BlackBerry OS7 at it actually looks quite good.

It voted WebOS as the most attractive one. Android as the ugliest one. Google is just terrible at interface design in my opinion: They really don't seem to care one bit and it clearly shows.

WP7 is the most elegant for me and Microsoft have won design awards for the Metro UI. The most ugly has to be iOS, how long is Apple going to continue use the same tired old interface?

A screen full of icons is magical.

:rofl:

Best: WP7

The design really stands out from the rest but the interface can look too plain at times. iOS is the opposite in that it looks cute and pretty but borders on gaudy.

Worst: Symbian

Belle looks OK, but Anna still looks ugly.

A screen full of icons is magical.

:rofl:

If you rip open the battery casing, you won't find lithium ion polymer. Those things are powered by the blood of unicorns.

I like the WP7 interface. It is simple and every item clearly has a job that it is accomplishing without being shiny and glossy and groveling at the user to please lick it.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, most beautiful is WP7. Metro is clean and brilliant.

Ugliest is Blackberry OS. Never liked the look, I mean black and whites and fonts that look outdated. The menus look horrid compared to what I have seen. Even my basic priority LG Phone's menus looked better.

• 3 weeks later...

Elegant: WP7, everything is consistent and simple

Ugly: Blackberry because so many old horrible dialogs are still present. This was a tough call between BB and Symbian