Plane carrying khl team crashes, killing 43

MOSCOW -- A Russian jet carrying a top hockey team crashed Wednesday while taking off in western Russia, killing 43 people officials said.

The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry said the Yak-42 crashed immediately after taking off from an airport near the city of Yaroslavl, on the Volga River, 240 kilometres northeast of Moscow. It said two people survived the crash with grave injuries.

The ministry said the plane was carrying 45 people, including 37 passengers and eight crew. All but two were killed in the crash.

The ministry said the plane was carrying the Lokomotiv hockey team from Yaroslavl.

Read more...

It has been a horrible summer for the hockey community. Prayers and thoughts to all the families.

I always think of these poor people, what it must be like during their last moments, what a horrible way to die! A good death is one thing but this is not how anybody should go.

R.I.P

Russia needs to hurry up and get those junk planes out of the air, I know they are in the process of doing it, but they are very unsafe now days.... this seems to be happening more and more with them

Russia needs to hurry up and get those junk planes out of the air, I know they are in the process of doing it, but they are very unsafe now days.... this seems to be happening more and more with them

Yeah they do, all i keep hearing lately is these Russian planes going down.

I was just speaking to a friend in the USA she is pretty sad as she just found out two people she knew personally were in this plane crash and both were kllled :( she's heartbroken.

Yeah they do, all i keep hearing lately is these Russian planes going down.

The worst part is they can very well build quality planes. The military Sukhoi and Mig fighter jets are amazing machines.

The worst part is they can very well build quality planes. The military Sukhoi and Mig fighter jets are amazing machines.

these planes though where piles of crap from the start, their designes where flawed, but they didn't seem to care