Office System 2003 - Raised Toolbars

Question

16 answers to this question

The only theme I've seen it look ugly in is the default blue luna. I mean just switching to an alternate colour makes it looks pretty damn nice imo. Looks good in Classic as well.

post-12-1064175144.jpg

Hey King Mustard, enable ClearType (and download ClearTweak from Google and set the contrast to 1000). Then it'll look just a tad better.

That goes for everyone too. ClearType's the bomb.

One workaround I've discovered is to create a custom menu and put your most-used icons/fields in there. I've noticed that I don't use most of the icons on the toolbars anyway, so I've created a stripped down custom menu with just the essentials like font, font size, zoom, etc. Looks much cleaner, requires an extra click though.

However, on this topic, anyone know how to get rid of the drop shadows underneath menus? Is there an obvious option somewhere I've overlooked, or is this too hard-coded into the gui?

I hate the new Office 2003 UI :(

I think the Office XP UI was gorgeous except the old style icons and other graphics in the program (i mean look how old and fugly the create new rule wizard graphic was! ewww!).

I just wish they had kept the old UI with new icons. However Office 2003 is excellent to use and has loads of nice new features so I will just up with the fugly UI just because it kicks ass as a program.

all you have to do is use another visual style other than the default lunas and it looks just like how it used to. does ne1 really still use the default luna themes ... aside from radish ;)