Windows 8 May NOT be called Windows 8: Foley Reports

I hope they just call it Windows 8. I don't want another Natal/Kinect situation where after you really get used to the name, and everyone knows it by that they just go and change it.

Tiles 1

I kinda like that. Goodbye Windows, hello Tiles. Microsoft Tiles.

Or if they stick with the Windows brand, what about just "Windows Live"?

We'll find out at BUILD :D

I think it was Mary Jo Foley, who speculated(because of one her tipster), who said that it would not be revealed at the BUILD. But the final name would be revealed at the CES 2012 event, by Steve Ballmer himself.

windows windows windows windows

"If you cut me open and saw what was inside' date='" he continued, "[it's'] Windows. Windows. Windows. Windows. Our company was born on the back of Windows. Windows underpins a huge percentage of all of our success, all of our profitability, all of the important things that we do. So, how important is it? 'Very' would be a very fair answer.

Seeing how they probably want to unify all their platforms together (pc, phone, 360, etc...) Windows 8 being able to turn into an "?" might make sense.

You do realize that 99.9% of the consumers of MS Windows will just look at that and say "I run Windows sideways-8!" :p

windows mate LOL.... but the dirty old men would get icky on the tablets we would not want that. DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!