Mayweather gives Khan take-it-or-leave-it offer

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has promised to fight Amir Khan next year - but only if Khan beats Jessie Vargas first.

WBA and IBF light-welterweight champion Khan intends to have one more bout at 140lb, most likely against Lamont Peterson in December, before moving up to welterweight and taking on Mayweather.

However, it appears that he will have alter his plans and face Vargas, the unbeaten 22-year-old under Mayweather's wing, if he is to achieve his ultimate goal.

"Once Amir Khan faces the future of boxing, which is Jessie Vargas, my fighter, Amir Khan has a fight with Floyd Mayweather, but he must face Jessie Vargas first ? You got to earn it," said Mayweather.

"He's fought a Zab Judah who I fought six years ago. I fought a young, strong, hungry Zab Judah and he fought a Zab Judah that's a lot older, but we want Amir Khan to fight Jessie Vargas, we're looking for that fight. If Amir Khan gets past Jessie Vargas, then Amir Khan has a fight with Floyd Mayweather."

Meanwhile, Mayweather has lobbied for Ricky Hatton, who he beat via technical knockout in 2007, to be inducted into boxing's Hall of Fame.

"I take my hat off to Ricky Hatton, a true warrior and true champion. We had one hell of a fight when we faced each other and I wish him and his family nothing but the best. Hopefully he can go into the Hall of Fame one day," Mayweather said.

Here's hoping Khan takes Mayweather up on his offer. :)

Funny how Money keeps calling every fighter out except one.

QFT!

"Money" needs to put his "Money" where his mouth is! The world doesn't wanna see him continue to roll over everyone who just ain't good enough. There is one man waiting, go get him Floyd, what you scared of? Winning streak?