Rugby World Cup 2011

No one else interested in this?

I've managed to catch a few games so far, and from and English perspective our display against Argentina was poor, but at least we got the points.

Most of my time this weekend has been taken up watching the games.

Just finished watching a disappointing display by Ireland against the USA , ok the conditional were bad, but they should have wrapped the game in the first half.

Australia took their time, but once they broke the lines they were off and running.

As for England, OMG that was an awful display, also read that Scotland didn't play too well, but looking at the score they seemed to have faired better.

My money is still on the All Blacks, if they can just hold it together, they didn't have a great Tri-Nations results, but that might be enough to motivate them to do better.

Would honestly love to see Scotland win, but can't see it, they just don't have that killer instinct to get over the game line.

:cry: Wales should have won!

That penalty went over, or at least should have been sent to the TMO.

Guess we'll get Australia now...(assuming we go through :laugh:).

Talksport commentary is rather good too.

:cry: Wales should have won!

That penalty went over, or at least should have been sent to the TMO.

Guess we'll get Australia now...(assuming we go through :laugh:).

Talksport commentary is rather good too.

I have to admit as the kick was taken I also thought that it was over but once I looked at it again the ball missed the upright and then it swung in so when it was viewed from the goal kickers side it did look like it was over.

I've had this argument over and over, we have the technology in sport USE IT! Cricket is slowly getting it right, rugby is also using it but not enough! Football is the worst and really should start using it as I think of all the sports Football perhaps needs it the most, especially as regards the offside rule!

That all said, Wales had plenty of opportunity to win this game and did not take it! At least one penalty and the drop goal attempt should have been taken!

As far as I am concerned we took our opportunities and won the game. SA vs Wales: Played: 27: SA Won: 25 Drawn: 1 Lost: 1 History speaks for itself old chap! :laugh: Tough luck and better luck next time.

Edit: The first time the two sides met was over one hundred years ago!

01 Dec 1906 Wales 0 - 11 South Africa

• 3 weeks later...

Crunch weekend coming up for Scotland. Can they beat the Auld Enemy and get through to the next round. Why do they always make it so difficult for themselves, they made a real meal of it playing Argentina, a game they should have won.

Come on SCOTLAND

• 2 weeks later...

England loses to France (hahaha)

Wales beats Ireland (what a game)

RWC can't get any better ! -> now for RSA to go sort out Australia tomorrow ;)

Well after what I said previously and NZ being more than a converted try in front, I can't really see Argentina making a come back in these last 18 minutes, unfortunately.

EDIT: And definitely no way back in it now after that try.

Looks like we have Wales vs. France and Australia vs. New Zealand to look forward to next weekend. :yes:

Two good matches today.

Felt sorry for SA, they just couldn't hold back the Australians, they got some very lucky breaks.

If the All Blacks play the same way next weekend they will get booted off the park. they really need to step up their game.

Hat's off to Argentina they held their defensive lines well at the end of the day the All Blacks just had enough in the tank.

Wouldn't like to call the final now, both France and Wales are on top form, that's going to be an epic match, depending on which France turn up. :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished catching up with this weekends games... and wow, I feel sorry for Wales. If it had only of been a yellow card (which it should have) then I think we would of been in for a very different game. Also I thought that Jones could have gone for another drop goal attempt towards the end when they were right on the edge of the 22, but for one reason or another they didn't bother.

Solid display from NZ, will be very surprised if France manage to beat them.