Flaunt Your Windows 8 Screenshots here

Same WDP desktop. After install i just installed Firefox , Office and Flash plugin :) (no drivers were required)

post-293012-0-37511600-1330599774_thumb.

so, im not sure anyone knows with certainty, but is the metro aesthetic going to be applied to the desktop side (considering it was applied to windows server) or is it going to remain aero and feel completeyl disjointed with the metro tile UI.

You have to make a separation between two apps.

And then add apps on either side

Thanks and how did you get a name above them?

Click the little magnifying glass icon in the bottom right corner (or Ctrl + Scroll Down), right click the group you want to name and click "Name group"

Click the little magnifying glass icon in the bottom right corner (or Ctrl + Scroll Down), right click the group you want to name and click "Name group"

Been looking how to do this, Thanks

Since I installed it in vbox and don't have it running atm has anyone checked out the group policies you can set etc? Someone said there could be a setting in GP to set it to boot into the desktop and not the start screen first.

I also like the better multimonitor support in Win8, I think I might finally take the dive and start using a 2nd screen later on.

Wow this looks horrible. Why are the min/max/close buttons, along with the entire title bar so freaking huge? Surely not for the minimalists out there.

I must agree.

After booting up my Win8CP VM and looking at the group policy settings there seems to be one that should (the way it sounds) let you default login to the desktop.

Anyone running Win8 now open the group policy msc, gpedit.msc from the run prompt. Then it should be in the 2nd set of policies. uhhhh, User settings? I forget the naming. Then look around for the "start menu and taskbar" group and it should be in there. The only thing is that it seems to say it's for Win8 server so I'm not sure. I haven't tried it.

Does the explorer windows show total size of the current viewed folder?

It will never do that since it's taking ages to compute folder size who have many files; hence it downgrades performances.