"Action Center" telling me MSE is disabled?

Hey,

Has anyone had a problem with Windows "Action Center" telling them Microsoft Security Essentials is disabled when it isn't? If I click "Turn it on now" it goes away, but then comes back about 30 minutes after rebooting. There isn't anything suspicious in processes and I ran a full scan with MSE / online scans with Nod32 / Kaspersky, nothing flagged up.

Fully updated Win7 x64.

Any ideas? Thanks.

post-237495-0-03442900-1316732439.png

I found a thread about it here with some possible solutions: answers.microsoft.com

In Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Security Center -> (right click) -> Properties -> Startup mode -> was (for some reason?) set to "Automatic (delayed start)"; - I then changed it to "Automatic".

A. Rebooted PC; got pop-up warning about security risk (+ red Security Essentials icon in task bar) until fully booted; - then warnings disappeared and SE icon went green. Security Center shows that Security Essentials is activated; "On".

B. I then rechecked setting "Automatic (delayed start)" for Security Startup mode; rebooted; - no pop-up security risk warnings; - SE icon red untill fully booted, then went green. However; in Security Center SE was still not activated; - had to be activated manually. Seems that Security Center doesn't "catch up" with SE status when startup set to "Automatic (delayed start).

(For both A. and B. Windows Defender is default deactivated by SE.)

I now run setting A.; - works fine so far."

Thanks for the replies, I had to run winmgmt /salvagerepository to rebuild the WMI repository and now it seems to be fixed. This laptop came with a load of crapware installed but I couldn't be bothered to format so just uninstalled it, Trend Micro probably left some junk behind and confused it.