AT&T begins Mango update program September 27th. Full details.

http://www.wpcentral.com/ATT-begins-mango-update-program-september-27th-full-details?utm_source=wpc&utm_medium=twitter

For all of you on AT&T and awaiting Mango, we have some big news for you, so grab yourself a seat, because you're hearing it here first. Looks like that earlier info about "being on time" was accurate.

We just received a series of emails exchanged between some higher ups at AT&T and an anonymous source (the source is anonymous to you, but known and verified by us). The emails give, in detail, AT&Ts plans for their Mango updates, including schedule according to device. The original emails are attached as images with all names and times redacted.

More at the source....

Bit of bad news, the Samsung Focus is still split into 2 groups, v1.3 will get it on the 27th while, yet again, v1.4 will have to wait till end of October! Good going Samsung, still can't get anything write after a year.

Bit of bad news, the Samsung Focus is still split into 2 groups, v1.3 will get it on the 27th while, yet again, v1.4 will have to wait till end of October! Good going Samsung, still can't get anything write after a year.

They must also be crying... Having to update an old phone instead of releasing a new one.

Well samsung does have 2 new WPs that we already know about going to at&t. Still, it's their own fault for making hardware changes and not telling anyone about them, what kinda stupidity is that? Then people wondered why NoDo wouldn't update on v1.4 of the phones.

I give att alot of grief and I think Im right most of the time on that, but if this really does happen on the 27th (I have a surround) and it goes smoothly then I may start cutting them some slack. we'll see.

Well samsung does have 2 new WPs that we already know about going to at&t. Still, it's their own fault for making hardware changes and not telling anyone about them, what kinda stupidity is that? Then people wondered why NoDo wouldn't update on v1.4 of the phones.

Yeah, it's really bizarre. And I read somewhere that AT&T and Microsoft were left having to figure out a fix for those issues. Which I thought was kind of odd, because I figured it would be a driver update of some sort which would be the responsibility of Samsung. So I'm still a bit confused as to what occurred there.

I give att alot of grief and I think Im right most of the time on that, but if this really does happen on the 27th (I have a surround) and it goes smoothly then I may start cutting them some slack. we'll see.

LOL Agreed. I think Microsoft attempted something really huge here by trying to get it approved and ready on all of the carriers before they threw the switch. It's a heck of an accomplishment if it goes smoothly in the end.

lol, as I have a AT&T rev1.3 Focus, and am leaving to go out-of-town on Sept. 27th....My flight leaves @11:00am PST, and after this, I will only have access to a Mac 10.5.8...dam as the v2 of the Windows Phone 7 Mac Connector requires OSX 10.6.6 or higher.....

Hopefully, the Mango update will be out in the early am....lol

:laugh:

Looks like people on the mango beta tree will get a "friends and family" update before the mango release that allows them to upgrade right to RTM without going back to nodo. I certainly hope this is true!