• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That petition reached 10K signatures in one day. Right now, it has over 23K signatures. I'd definitely be interested in Dark Souls if it was released for PC. TotalBiscuit has made a lot of positive points for a PC version of the game.

I'm still tempted to get this game. I know it is difficult and i'll probably never finish it but the huge bosses appeal to me and some of the environments look awesome.

Is it really that difficult? or can it be easier if you grind and prepare for fights?

You can be al soul level 200 and the first enemies can kill you. It is easier when you summon players online and you will have to in New Game+. Some bosses are almost impossible alone (Four Kings). At least rent it and try it, it is an amazing game.

Thanks, i'm not a renter so i'll pick it up.

It is my b-day next week, so i might get it then, so if i don't like it, it didn't cost me anything haha.

Another stupid question, i know it isn't true co-op but the players you summon, are they controlled by AI?

Thanks, i'm not a renter so i'll pick it up.

It is my b-day next week, so i might get it then, so if i don't like it, it didn't cost me anything haha.

Another stupid question, i know it isn't true co-op but the players you summon, are they controlled by AI?

From what I've seen there is at least a few different AI controlled npcs to help you, but you can also have real players come in and help you, too. Or kill you..

I'd worry about cheating/hacking on PC servers. The legit modding community would be awesome (but still that would interfere with online).

The type of online Demons Souls/Dark Souls has fits like a glove with a closed network like on consoles.

However, getting the game to PC gamers would still be boss, my GOTY 2011.

Picked it up today.

Early birthday present to myself :laugh:

I will let everyone know how i get on. When i play it tonight.

Edit:

I died a lot :laugh:

I did kill the first boss easily, then died on some skeletons, i think i was too low level, so i went in the other direction and found it a bit easier. You can get overwhelmed quite easily. Loving it so far though.

Hehehe like I read somewhere. When you start Dark Souls go up not down. It is pretty much impossible to kill the skeletons when you start playing the game but make sure to get all the weapons in that area.

Love Dark Souls. For me it was the best game of 2011.

Skyrim might have taken the edge.....if I could actually finish the main quest line. :(

I just got owned by the Tarus Demon, i tried to follow the tactics from the videos and he hit me a couple of times and i died, i only had two Etus Flasks by the time i got to him. I hoped there would be a bonfire before him as it is quite a trek to him.

Also earlier just before the stairs to him, someone invaded my game and killed me! By the looks of his character he was a lot stronger. It was harsh.

I just got owned by the Tarus Demon, i tried to follow the tactics from the videos and he hit me a couple of times and i died, i only had two Etus Flasks by the time i got to him. I hoped there would be a bonfire before him as it is quite a trek to him.

Also earlier just before the stairs to him, someone invaded my game and killed me! By the looks of his character he was a lot stronger. It was harsh.

People are using a dupe item glitch to allow their armour/weapon inventory of a character of any level to be given to a new character. Basically means they start at level 1 with end game armour and weapons.

As for Taurus, did you climb up the ladders and drop attack his face? He's weak against firebombs also.

TARRKUUUUUUUUUUSSSS!! LOL :rofl:

:p

Never used this phantom before.

People are using a dupe item glitch to allow their armour/weapon inventory of a character of any level to be given to a new character. Basically means they start at level 1 with end game armour and weapons.

As for Taurus, did you climb up the ladders and drop attack his face? He's weak against firebombs also.

Yes that was the tactic i used, i hit him once and ran away, then when it come to getting back past him to go back up the ladder, he kept hitting me. I have loads of firebombs, so i may give them a try also. Thanks.

Also looks like their may be some DLC on the horizon.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/exclusive-dark-souls-dlc-exists-coming-soon/

I think i picked this game up at the right time :)

Just found out that apparenlty I never ascended my pyro hand past +15. So I have been playing NG+ , almost completed it, and have been wondering why Pryo just dropped in damage and wasnt doing anything... So last night, farmed Ando Londor for about 10 minutes, enough to get 200k of souls, and upgraded my hand fully. Now it's back to the damage I remember it to be in just the first play though.

Still love this game. And looking forward to any type of DLC. I just wish they would maybe give a little guide ingame, that would show your progress. After taking a good 2 + month break, I totally forgot where I left off in my NG+, and have spent a good hour or so, running everywhere to try and find a boss I haven't killed. Really tedious.

I finally beat him! I tried the firebomb trick, it worked with the Dark Firebombs and then he killed me and i used them all haha.

In the end i just ran up the ladder, dropped on his head and then went back up and repeated that.

Then i got to the bridge and read a message on the floor, as i was reading it the red dragon flew over me and killed me. Thank god i had my sacrifice ring, so i saved all my souls.

Died a lot again.

Being poisoned is annoying me too. It is so slow to go away and i end up wasting half my etus flasks trying to stay alive.

Still loving the game though. Even when the simplest mob kills me... because i know it is my fault i died.