Dana White Says Kurt Angle Was Offered Deal But Failed Medical

Professional wrestling superstar and 1996 Olympic gold medal winner Kurt Angle has been talking about what was offered to him to join the UFC for the past few weeks. Now, UFC President Dana White is setting the record straight.

"What I offered him was, I said, 'Come over here. I'll put you on The Ultimate Fighter.' The season Kimbo Slice was on, I was going to put him on The Ultimate Fighter. He wanted to do it," White told MMAjunkie.com. "We worked out a deal, but he didn't pass the medicals."

Angle has been saying that the UFC planned on putting him on a pay-per-view, but White said he has no idea how Angle got that out of the offer of appearing on TUF.

"I like Kurt Angle. He's a nice guy. I've never had any problems with Kurt Angle," White said. "I never set up a pay-per-view fight for him. Kurt, you're a good guy, but that's not true, and that never happened. I thought it would be interesting, and I thought it would be cool, but never once did I say, 'We're going to set up a pay-per-view match with you and Kimbo.' That is not true."

Angle is working towards trying to make the U.S. Olympic wrestling team in 2012 to compete in London. He is signed with the wrestling organization TNA.

http://www.fightline...179/kurt-angle/