A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

166573887.jpg

20th Century Fox executive Tom Rothman reveals more details about the fifth installment of John McClane's misadventures, including the title and the release date.

''A Good Day to Die Hard''. That's the name of the upcoming fifth installment of the ''Die Hard'' franchise, set to be directed by John Moore. Bruce Willis will return as John McClane, the New York City Policeman who is always at the wrong place at the wrong time. This time, McClane and his son, John McClane Jr., will be going to Russia, where they'll be involved in a confrontation with local forces and a web of intrigue.

The movie is set for a release date in February 14, 2013. Filming will begin in January 2012. The studio still hasn't decided if the movie will receive a PG-13 or an R rating.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/protocida/news/?a=48002

it will be worth a watch just not a theater run.

Why not? The last one is great. I honestly think this series gets better with each movie. Not sure about the whole son thing though, not entirely sure they've ever mentioned him having a son.

Honestly I really enjoyed Live Free Die Hard, I mean yeah the "technical" aspects of it ****ed me off with the computers and the lingo... (You know, theatrical bull****) but minus that... I loved Bruce Willis being Bruce Willis lol.

Why not? The last one is great. I honestly think this series gets better with each movie. Not sure about the whole son thing though, not entirely sure they've ever mentioned him having a son.

From first movie they showed that he had a son and daughter

• 6 months later...

AQBzS.jpg

Steve asked Rothman what he could tell us about the story for this fifth Die Hard, and Rothman responded by talking about what sets the film apart:

?I love this one. It?s called A Good Day to Die Hard, and two things make it new: 1. John McClane, the ultimate American hero, goes to Russia. So talk about a fish out of water, he?s completely out of water. And 2. It?s really a father-son story, which is that John McClane?s been a great cop his whole life but he?s been a pretty lousy father. He has a grown son who he?s not really been in much touch with, and McClane thinks the son?s a **** up?that?s a technical term.?

So what brings everyone?s favorite hardened cop to Russia? His son, of course:

?So he goes to Russia, he thinks, to bail his son out of jail, and it turns out the son?s not a **** up, he?s the antithesis of that. In fact, the apple has not fallen far from the tree, the apple has not fallen from the tree, which is that the son is a badder ass John McClane than John McClane.?

Essentially the set up is that McClane reunites with his estranged son, who turns out to be John McClane 2.0. As far as the villains go, Rothman said The McClanes make quite a few enemies overseas:

?It comes to the point in the story where they?re basically the most wanted men in the entire Soviet Union, and it?s the two of them against all of the bad guys. I?ve just gotta say, it?s a classic, classic Die Hard.?

http://collider.com/die-hard-5-update-tom-rothman/162457/

Soviet Union? Then it will be worth a watch if just to see another take of it. I always find it funny, being from around the area, after all :shifty:

Perhaps they'll find a Ferrari in some wooden shed, because, you know, it's communism, "everyone has one of these here"...

• 1 month later...

I would have called this movie Die Hard 5 : Some people don't know when to quit - Refueled Edition.

As long as they can cut the plane surfing crap it might actually be good.

As long as this one is rated R and he says his famous line, I could care less if he fights unicorns and care bears in Whimsyshire.

I hope they get this one right. Live Free Die Hard was abysmal. Hope they have a better script. If its PG-13 it wont be worth seeing.